IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thursday July 26 - USAC SPRINT WEEK AT LPS
7/23/18, 7:24 AM   #1
Thursday July 26 - USAC SPRINT WEEK AT LPS
Lincoln Park Speedway

USAC SPRINT WEEK arrives at Lincoln Park Speedway on Thursday, July 26th. USAC Sprints and modifieds will be racing.
General Admission is $25.00
Pit Admission $30.00

Hot Laps will begin at 6:30pm

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/24/18, 1:38 PM   #2
Re: Thursday July 26 - USAC SPRINT WEEK AT LPS
Lincoln Park Speedway

Pit Gate opens at 3:00pm
Main Gate opens at 4:30pm.

Remember:
1) Seats are already being marked. Please be respectful of others and do not move their marked seat when you are setting up your seat.
2)Coolers are permitted.
3) No Glass Bottles
4) No open drink of any kind (example: gas station big gulp cup, opened juice boxes, opened juice bottles, etc.)
5) No carry-in alcohol permitted

7/26/18, 7:39 AM   #3
Lincoln Park Speedway

It's race day!
Remember that there is additional parking up behind the RV Lot on the main grandstand side.
See you all tonight!

7/26/18, 8:49 AM   #4
Lincoln Park Speedway

Parking Update
The uppper RV lot is full as of 8:45am. We are now parking campers and RVS in the lower lot. The overflow for campers and RVS will be the pit area. Pit Admission will be required for those that have to park in the pit area.

7/26/18, 9:57 PM   #5
Longtime sprinter

Been coming here for years, have never seen this crowded.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
7/26/18, 11:31 PM   #6
brian2h

I just wanna say a great race at lps. track I my opinion was great. But what really burns me is the lack of respect some drivers have Chris windom says the only way to pass in his interview is to give a slider on the restarts we’ll first what he did wasn’t a slide job a slide job is when you slide up in front of the car your passing and clearing him 100% what he did was run the guy off the track or make the guy lift other wise he is gonna slam into the side of him that is called a slam job takes no talent or car control just move over or I’m gonna run over you. Second at Hopkins passed plenty of cars and never used this lack of talent. Just saying if your a race car driver u can be aggressive but still have respect so hats off to aj he is a class act as for Chris well don’t cry when someone gives it back cause there’s plenty of other drivers that think this is how it’s done kinda sad really
Last edited by brian2h; 7/26/18 at 11:34 PM.

7/26/18, 11:42 PM   #7
popham

You should have been at LPS about a month ago when Hopkins showed his talent and used Colten Cottle as a backboard to make it through turn 3 with 4 laps left in the feature after Cottle had led most of the race. It took Cottle completely out of the race, and Hopkins admitted he was wrong after the race on the front stretch but that did not turn things around. Mr. Hopkins can drive just as dirty as anyone!

7/26/18, 11:53 PM   #8
wright59

Who won?

7/27/18, 12:11 AM   #9
jim goerge

Double D won

5 members like this post: davidm, luckybuc97, racegal, tirespinner, wright59
7/27/18, 12:12 AM   #10
brian2h

I don’t go to that many races anymore so I’m not standing up for anyone but I was glad to see darland win. I just know what I seen tonight and what window said about it. But it’s sounds like from what you said aj at least owned it it may not change the results but it does say something about the man. We have all referring to guys that have drove race cars got in to hard made mistakes that’s a part of the sport but at least own up to it. But don’t call it a racing move when you don’t have the talent to pass a guy the right way. Anyway just my opinion really don’t care anymore don’t have a favorite driver just like to see good clean racing and of course I like to see the guys I raced with for decades still win great job tonight Dave!

2 members like this post: WinglessLovers, wright59
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thursday July 26 - USAC SPRINT WEEK AT LPS