IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Details on the High Limit Racing charter system by 2026.
12/9/23, 5:04 PM   #1
Details on the High Limit Racing charter system by 2026.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Details on the High Limit Racing 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗺 that is set to be fully implemented by 2026:

-10 total charters will be handed out
-Five will be given to the top 5 finishing teams in points in '24
-The next five will be given to the highest finishing teams in points that don't already have a charter in '25
-In 2026, teams with a charter will receive 50% of High Limit's streaming revenue annually.

12/9/23, 5:10 PM   #2
TQ29m

I wondered if this would be the end result, I certainly hope not
Bob

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, motorhead748
12/9/23, 6:17 PM   #3
Re: Details on the High Limit Racing charter system by 2026.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The USAC banquet last night said something about 140,000 viewers on Flo for the BC 39. And a average of something like 30-40k watching all USAC events.

Im just a dummy but a calculator says 21 million in subscriptions based on BC 39 alone. I know they got there cost to cover, Servers, crews and announcers but if just two of those million went split between purses and tracks, Racing would be in a lot better shape. I know they're helping some. But it's also hurting others. The CRA tracks wouldn't do what the did if it wasn't.

3 members like this post: ISF, jdull99, TQ29m
12/9/23, 7:54 PM   #4
Crankin

30-40k per race is fantastic… IMO, some track promoters should take note on that kind of exposure.

On the 21 million subs, I don’t understand your math? That would be great, and if it was true, yes, there should be some $ to tracks.
But i just can’t figure out how arrived at that number?

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, oppweld
12/9/23, 8:00 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
30-40k per race is fantastic… IMO, some track promoters should take note on that kind of exposure.

On the 21 million subs, I don’t understand your math? That would be great, and if it was true, yes, there should be some $ to tracks.
But i just can’t figure out how arrived at that number?

Each subscription is $150 right Times 140.000 viewers. for the BC39, means Flo Racing has at least 21million in subscribers.. Im guessing it's way higher than that, But thats what watched the BC39

Would love to know the Chili Bowl's viewership even though that's not USAC

1 member likes this post: Crankin
12/9/23, 8:09 PM   #6
Aurora78

Remember it's Flosports, not just racing.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Grocery Guy
12/9/23, 8:20 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora78 View Post
Remember it's Flosports, not just racing.

Right and I get it. But just looking for ways the get some of the $$$ to the tracks and racers. If you watch the interview with Don of Perris. He loses on it. Either better compensation or a local blackout is needed

I don't remember those kind of complaints when Speedshift (Which Flo Bought) was charging full event price to stream.

2 members like this post: jdull99, motorhead748
12/10/23, 12:21 PM   #8
Offroadrace_814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
The USAC banquet last night said something about 140,000 viewers on Flo for the BC 39. And a average of something like 30-40k watching all USAC events.

Im just a dummy but a calculator says 21 million in subscriptions based on BC 39 alone. I know they got there cost to cover, Servers, crews and announcers but if just two of those million went split between purses and tracks, Racing would be in a lot better shape. I know they're helping some. But it's also hurting others. The CRA tracks wouldn't do what the did if it wasn't.
Is that 140,00 unique viewers through the four day event? Meaning 140,000 different individuals. Or is that a 140,000 viewers all together? Same viewer, four nights equals four viewers.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART
12/10/23, 12:48 PM   #9
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroadrace_814 View Post
Is that 140,00 unique viewers through the four day event? Meaning 140,000 different individuals. Or is that a 140,000 viewers all together? Same viewer, four nights equals four viewers.

Very difficult to impossible to have any understanding of viewing from the very very limited information released.

I for example am only able to watch a hand full of Silver Crown Races 'Live' due to the time difference but I watch 100% of full USAC event replays.

How does my viewing habits register as an overseas viewer?

When watching a High Limit replay I just fast forward to the feature, how would that be recorded?

Or when navigating FloRacing home screen blind trying to avoid spoilers, and I accidentally click on a event that I watch no more than say 5 seconds of before exiting does that register as a view?

So many variables.

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable

😀
Last edited by Stephen Cording; 12/10/23 at 1:16 PM.

12/10/23, 1:17 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroadrace_814 View Post

Very good point. I supposed I can go back watch Kevin Millers portion on the banquet which is on flo and see if he mentions that.

I was way off. Kevin said that over 50k viewers per night on any given night of USAC Midgets, Sprints or Crown AVG. And 140k viewers for the BC39 (Does not specify unique)

I've seen the steady improvement in payouts and bigger races and I hope flo becomes a billion dollar industry (if it already isn't) But without the tracks putting on the races or the racers and owners themselves. None of it happens.

I also think there's a ton of room to grow it. Pay for advertising on the drag racing-motocross, snow mobile streams. Emphasize that watching the stream is nothing compared to viewing it in person,

Anyway, just looking for ways to grow it and keep sprint and midget racers racing longer

2 members like this post: nathans1012, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Details on the High Limit Racing charter system by 2026.