IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jimmy Hillgas Rest in peace.
8/10/23, 9:46 PM   #11
JDavis#11

I have a little story about Jimmy. A few years back when my son Aaron first started racing sprintcars, I had grown a large beard over the winter. At the first race at Kokomo, Aaron and I were walking in front of the grandstands and Jimmy yells out something about me not being able to afford a razor. I spun around and yelled back "Don't be hating on my beard just because you can't grow hair anywhere!" Jimmy slapped his knee and he and Tonya were both laughing! Pretty sure some people who didn't know Jimmy thought I was an ass.
I have sure missed them at the races this year. I hope to see Tonya back at the track when she's ready. RIP Jimmy! You will be missed!

8/11/23, 5:29 PM   #12
Re: Jimmy Hillgas Rest in peace.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Obituary. -Arrangements.
https://www.mcelhaneyhartfuneralhome...Jimmy-Hillegas

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, CRA91, LUCKYONE
8/12/23, 4:45 AM   #13
Stephen Cording

Racing to much than just cars going around. It's about the people you meet. As an overseas fan traveling across the Atlantic on a big silver bird, the hassle of airports, the traffic hassle getting from Chicago to Indiana, finally getting to the race track seeing your regular fans Tonya Hillegas & Jimmy Hillegas among others kind of completed my journey. I was there. It's Race Day, it's time for some Racing. None of the getting there mattered, I'm here now.Jimmy you will be dearly missed. But never forgotten.

8/13/23, 8:14 AM   #14
Hubie48

RIP

I have seen this guy at the races over the years, he was just a tad younger than I.

Aging is not for the meek, and 60 isn't old.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/13/23, 9:10 AM   #15
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
RIP

I have seen this guy at the races over the years....
Ditto. Many times at Kokomo. I did not know his last name.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jimmy Hillgas Rest in peace.