IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
12/14/13, 11:43 AM   #231
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
Bill May

Dad, Sometimes, don't you just feel like a digital Guy in an analog world, or, versa-visa
I hope this clears things up. (probably didn't help much) but, I tried.

Bill May

1 member likes this post: DAD
12/14/13, 12:01 PM   #232
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post
Dad, Sometimes, don't you just feel like a digital Guy in an analog world, or, versa-visa
I hope this clears things up. (probably didn't help much) but, I tried.

Bill May

Bill

I was just sitting here thinking about that same thing.

I think what I am is probably a guy trying to advocate a conservative philosophy to racing to a bunch of liberal leaning idiologs who think everything can be cured with a rule and at the same time using the liberal philosophy of that if you "YELL LOUD ENOUGH" and long enough you just might get some of your points across.

We all know what we would like to have, and I think it is the same thing, we just take different paths in getting there.

Kinda of like that old Korean thing Ying & Yang.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/14/13 at 3:04 PM.

1 member likes this post: Bill May
12/14/13, 12:14 PM   #233
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
I was just corresponding with a guy, and he said he was getting rid of his motorcycle engine and switching to an automotive type. He said he races with the "IMRA" Illinois Midget Racing Association. So I go to their website http://imraracing.com/ . They been steeling my ideas all along. They are like that perfect country western song. They add just about enough rules for anyone wanting to race small midget size race cars on the cheap to do so, and enjoy themselves in the process.

A breath of fresh air in a smoke filled room.

I hope they do well, Wish they weren't so far away from us.

Honest Dad himself
IMRA rules are nearly identical to Montpelier Midget series rules, with just a few minor differences. Looks like their focus is western Illinois/eastern Iowa. STORM, which ran at AVCOM Park last year seemed to take the same approach; I haven't seen any updates to thier site (http://www.stormracingseries.com/index.htm) since October. Does anoyone know if they will be running there next year? If a couple of tracks in central/eastern IL and central/western IN adopted similar rules you could almost make a nice little circuit out of that...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 12/14/13 at 3:58 PM.

12/15/13, 10:41 AM   #234
JIM-BOB5M

Storm now known as IMRA...ran by same group...partial schedule and rules on www.imraracing.com ...races to be added to schedule....racin is fun
Last edited by JIM-BOB5M; 12/15/13 at 10:44 AM.

12/16/13, 12:17 PM   #235
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM-BOB5M View Post
Storm now known as IMRA...ran by same group...partial schedule and rules on www.imraracing.com ...races to be added to schedule....racin is fun
Jim

I like their idea of running the 2+liter stock motors with the cycle motors. Although the car motor are more than twice the size of the cycle the stock Horsepower comes out about the same.

How many auto motor powered cars do you guys have at this time? I know that several people are building cars for next year.
I was just wondering how well they race together?

The only rule that seems a little out of place is mandating that the car motors can not run after market electronic injection. From the performance, and user friendly side of it Electronics have it all over the mechanical injection. It would not be too hard for Engler to produce throttle bodies with electronic injectors and just like motorcycle dyno jet also builds boxes for the auto ecm that could be used to dial them in.

Are you the Jim that I lost the phone number to?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/16/13 at 1:11 PM.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
12/16/13, 1:37 PM   #236
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Jim

I like their idea of running the 2+liter stock motors with the cycle motors. Although the car motor are more than twice the size of the cycle the stock Horsepower comes out about the same.

How many auto motor powered cars do you guys have at this time? I know that several people are building cars for next year.
I was just wondering how well they race together?

The only rule that seems a little out of place is mandating that the car motors can not run after market electronic injection. From the performance, and user friendly side of it Electronics have it all over the mechanical injection. It would not be too hard for Engler to produce throttle bodies with electronic injectors and just like motorcycle dyno jet also builds boxes for the auto ecm that could be used to dial them in.

Are you the Jim that I lost the phone number to?

Honest Dad himself
Dad the Division II rules are basicly the same also but I allow open fuel delivery systems (mechanical-electoric)....I do differ on 2.0 engines like the Focus where we allow any kind of cam or head work (short bloick is stock) to the 2.0 to bring it up to the HP of 1000cc/1200cc/2.4 engines that produce 205HP (all others are stock)....we have ran a year (20 races) here in Florida and purely stock on gas GSXR 1000 has won (4), 1200 Kaw. (7), GSXR1000 on alcohol (3), and Focus (6)....but then it is all NON WING which tells ya it is more of driver and set up not $$$$ engines....my weight rules are close but tend to be on the high end to discourage the use of Titatiumn (illeagle) and allows more diverse drivers as in a bigger driver can come race and not fill he is at a "BIG" disadvantage.

You will never ever keep anyone from spending $$$$ but in todays economy you sure do did to protect the less fortunate that might want to race and not get laped every 3rd lap....to make a field of cars we need everybody!!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Last edited by Wayne Davis; 12/16/13 at 1:40 PM.

12/16/13, 3:11 PM   #237
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
Dad the Division II rules are basicly the same also but I allow open fuel delivery systems (mechanical-electoric)....I do differ on 2.0 engines like the Focus where we allow any kind of cam or head work (short bloick is stock) to the 2.0 to bring it up to the HP of 1000cc/1200cc/2.4 engines that produce 205HP (all others are stock)....we have ran a year (20 races) here in Florida and purely stock on gas GSXR 1000 has won (4), 1200 Kaw. (7), GSXR1000 on alcohol (3), and Focus (6)....but then it is all NON WING which tells ya it is more of driver and set up not $$$$ engines....my weight rules are close but tend to be on the high end to discourage the use of Titatiumn (illeagle) and allows more diverse drivers as in a bigger driver can come race and not fill he is at a "BIG" disadvantage.

You will never ever keep anyone from spending $$$$ but in todays economy you sure do did to protect the less fortunate that might want to race and not get laped every 3rd lap....to make a field of cars we need everybody!!!!

Wayne

You the Man!!!

Youall allow the little GM also, doing my "due GOGLE Diligence" looks like that little Honda motor would be the one to beat. Might want to lay that one back for the Div I National Midgets.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/16/13 at 3:21 PM.

12/16/13, 5:47 PM   #238
jjones752

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM-BOB5M View Post
I had a suspicion that was the case; do you know if they plan on running at AVCOM this year? That's a little easier tow for me.
How about a stop in Macon? That'd be a cool track to run a little non-wing D-2 action.
Last edited by jjones752; 12/16/13 at 6:02 PM.

12/16/13, 6:00 PM   #239
jjones752

Actually, after Google-mapping, it looks like Sycamore is closest; 234 mi from Indy, vs. 253 to AVCOM and 292 to Quad City.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting