IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
12/2/19, 8:06 PM   #21
Re: Kyle Larson
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
He has made it further in the "playoffs" of ANY Ganassi driver...the only other one that I can think of, that was relevant to the championship (the last style tho, b4 the "chase") late in the year, was Sterling Marlin in 2001 (& then he got hurt in September)...so ya, let's hope Kyle has gotten the call for the #48 or smthn somewhere other than Cheap Chip's NASCAR...then I blv we will see results like the last month of his OW racing has been...
You obviously know more about Nascar than I do

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, PIT CART
12/3/19, 1:52 AM   #22
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Ricky is driving the #47.
I do wonder why they kinda switched Preece to the #37 all of a sudden tho...but the #47 has been around longer, & I read Ricky is keeping his longtime Roush crew chief, so I hope for the best. It's all up in the air when NASCAR switches to a new car in 2021...but usually the cream rises to the top...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

12/3/19, 2:04 AM   #23
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
You obviously know more about Nascar than I do
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_G...Racing_(NASCAR)

I won't take that as an insult (? lol - don't care either way, lol), but I was "off" a little...Sterling did get 3rd in points (the "pre-playoff" system) in 2001...it was 02 he was leading the standings & got hurt...

Otherwise, Kyle Petty's two 5th place finishes in the mid-90s where the best for the team.

I really hoped for more from Juan when he was there too, but word is Chip just doesn't pay for the latest & greatest, including behind the scenes staff.

I think the last month or so has proven Kyle never lost the talent to win big races...hopefully one day he has a car & team behind him to do so on Sunday's...

"NASCAR" overall tho...all sorts of former & current OW guys to follow thru the years...the Xfinity series (Bell, Reddick, Allgaier, Briscoe, etc) has been most interesting the last couple...I hope Justin is able to get it in 2020...&, I'm looking for word (from anywhere!) if Briscoe has a deal again or not...

3 members like this post: davidm, jim goerge, mc/rider
12/3/19, 6:08 PM   #24
revjimk

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_G...Racing_(NASCAR)

I won't take that as an insult (? lol - don't care either way, lol), but I was "off" a little...Sterling did get 3rd in points (the "pre-playoff" system) in 2001...it was 02 he was leading the standings & got hurt...

Otherwise, Kyle Petty's two 5th place finishes in the mid-90s where the best for the team.

I really hoped for more from Juan when he was there too, but word is Chip just doesn't pay for the latest & greatest, including behind the scenes staff.

I think the last month or so has proven Kyle never lost the talent to win big races...hopefully one day he has a car & team behind him to do so on Sunday's...

"NASCAR" overall tho...all sorts of former & current OW guys to follow thru the years...the Xfinity series (Bell, Reddick, Allgaier, Briscoe, etc) has been most interesting the last couple...I hope Justin is able to get it in 2020...&, I'm looking for word (from anywhere!) if Briscoe has a deal again or not...
Not meant as an insult at all! I don't know much about Nascar, haven't followed it since Fireball Roberts was dominating in Pontiacs, then for a while Ford was challenging them.
All I know is that Larson has won one time this year. My point was that i doubt if he's earned HOF status on pavement. He's already qualified for HOF on dirt, IMHO

1 member likes this post: jdull99
12/3/19, 6:39 PM   #25
jim goerge

I read somewhere that to be qualified for the hall a driver must be 50 years old or older, are be retired from driving for at least 5 years. While Kyle is well on his way to the HoF I think he needs more. I don't think his record can match that of , say Steve Sammy, or Wolfie, much less Darland or Chuck Amati. These are my opinions , and we all know what opinions are like , everybody has one lol .
Last edited by jim goerge; 12/3/19 at 6:41 PM.

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Indy1808, luckybuc97, PIT CART
12/3/19, 7:25 PM   #26
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I read somewhere that to be qualified for the hall a driver must be 50 years old or older, are be retired from driving for at least 5 years. While Kyle is well on his way to the HoF I think he needs more. I don't think his record can match that of , say Steve Sammy, or Wolfie, much less Darland or Chuck Amati. These are my opinions , and we all know what opinions are like , everybody has one lol .
I'm sure you're right on the rules. I just think if he retired today, he'd have earned it

1 member likes this post: jdull99
12/3/19, 8:17 PM   #27
TKRacing

His record won’t ever match those because he didn’t spend his entire career. You are comparing guys with 30+ years of nothing but dirt to a guy that came and went in 3-4 years and can only run a handful times a year. Nonetheless he’s earned a spot in the HoF.

12/3/19, 10:07 PM   #28
jdull99

Sweeping the USAC races of the 2011 Four Crown Nats makes for an automatic HoF induction (imho)...BUT; one asterisk (just for me personally; & to keep it so no one thinks I'm just a worshiper of any ground he walks on, lol): Does anyone have record of him at Sun Prairie? I recall he actly MISSED the USAC feature (edited - I stand corrected...I had a 100% wrong memory on this! Please forgive me! lol) he was there on in either '10 or '11. I'm not sure he ever came back...
Last edited by jdull99; 12/5/19 at 3:24 AM.

12/4/19, 10:46 PM   #29
jdull99

https://www.jayski.com/2019/12/04/la...g-2020-season/

12/4/19, 11:39 PM   #30
richie

Quote:
Sweeping the USAC races of the 2011 Four Crown Nats makes for an automatic HoF induction (imho)...BUT; one asterisk (just for me personally; & to keep it so no one thinks I'm just a worshiper of any ground he walks on, lol): Does anyone have record of him at Sun Prairie? I recall he actly MISSED the USAC feature he was there on in either '10 or '11. I'm not sure he ever came back...
Didn't happen, at least with USAC. There was one USAC Midget race held at Angell Park in 2011, he finished 4th. In 2012, there were two USAC Midget races held at Angell Park. He showed up for the first one only and finished 7th in the feature. That was his final USAC Midget appearance at Angell Park.

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jdull99, jim goerge, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson