Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 15+

Thanks for the info guys.

8/18/17, 12:27 PM   #12
Re: I Racing
TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstock30 View Post
How much does it cost to get started into Iracing? What would I need to buy? And just a general price. I have a decent PC at home but that is it.
I just recently got Iracing after the dirt stuff came out and I got started relatively cheap and have since spent more money. I bought a refurbished computer off newegg.com for $250, spent another $250 on a graphics card and bigger power supply. I bought a logitech g27 for $150 and then built a simulator seat out of pvc for less than $100. Add in your membership and tracks and your probably looking at a little over a grand. However you could do without the graphics card and simulator seat while your just getting started and have roughly $800 in it. If you have a computer at home go to IRacing and run the test to see if your computer is has the minimum hardware required to run it and you may be able to just upgrade what you have and save more money.

1 member likes this post: superstock30
8/19/17, 7:14 PM   #13
openwheelfan1

For those of you interested starting out on iRacing and looking for a steering wheel and pedal setup, watch eBay. Logitech G27 and G29 units can be found there pretty regularly for reasonable dollars. Craigslist has some too, but be VERY careul buying electronics off of Craigslist. Lots of scammers and phonies there.

1 member likes this post: fish
8/19/17, 7:21 PM   #14
jeffc5227

Any set up suggestions on the sprint cars. I drove winged sprint cars for 15 years. And so far I have yet to find a set up that makes the cars happy. Thanks

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I Racing