IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
97juicedgmc (Offline)
  #11 6/6/13 10:18 PM
id like to see at least a couple 50 lappers..... i mean late models and even some modififeds have 50-100 lap specials..... i think the problem is the huge right rear ! it throws so much dirt up the track.....seems every track after 30 laps is always so dry slick theres nothing left to the surface its all up against the outside barriers then tires heat up quick and wont make it the next 20 laps !
racen857 (Offline)
  #12 6/20/13 9:07 AM
The main difference is Late models running 50-100 laps races run gas in the cars for the longer distances. Even they could not hold enough fuel for 50-100 laps if running alcohol. Most teams that run the long races have the motor setup for gas only, while some teams in my area that run both have 2 carbs one for gas and one for alcohol. And as a rule a latemodel can carry more fuel to start with.

Port Royal holds the Tuscarora 50 every year during the Fair week races. Come check it out sometime.

You Tube Video
Romo#07 (Offline)
  #13 6/20/13 1:10 PM
I know tires would be smoked

Posted via Mobile Device
fasster23 (Offline)
  #14 6/20/13 9:47 PM
WoO runs the Ironman 55 at Pevely. Obviously the Crown cars run 100 laps on the miles and 50 at THAT Eldora

Posted via Mobile Device
racen857 (Offline)
  #15 6/21/13 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Romo#07:
I know tires would be smoked

Posted via Mobile Device
I have wrenched on a few cars that ran the 50 at Port Royal and tire prep is the key. Prepair them just right and you have no problems.
shrek67 (Offline)
  #16 6/21/13 10:32 PM
Well if u have ever been to the no way out 40 it's very hard on the cars to go even that far and if there is any cautions u might as well kiss ur file good bye bc u will watch half of the pack go to pits bc if fule🏁🏁🏁

Posted via Mobile Device
racen857 (Offline)
  #17 6/25/13 12:54 PM
The 50 lap race at the Port has a halfway fuel stop at 25 laps. Top of the tank and check tires. If you did your job right with the tires before hand, when the driver asks how are "they" you can tell him to gas it the rest of the way.