IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #1 4/11/10 11:36 PM
What type of Sprint Car racing do you prefer most?
410 Winged Sprint
410 NON-Winged Sprint
360 Winged Sprints
360 Non-Winged Sprints
305 Winged Sprints
1200cc Mini Sprints
1000cc Mini Sprints
600 Micro Sprints
OTHER: Name it
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #2 4/11/10 11:49 PM
Uh...........Kind of a silly question for this forum............See the graphic next to Indiana Open Wheel.com at the top of the page............96% Non-wing people on here..........Including me..
v8j (Offline)
  #3 4/12/10 12:06 AM
410 non winged
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #4 4/12/10 12:10 AM
Competitive racing (i.e. passing) is what I look for and all types are capable of providing it sometimes. The key is what type of racing provides it more than others. For me, this is in the following order:

1. 410 nonwing sprints - It doesn't hurt that we are blessed with many extremely skillful drivers who are also good people. Living legends who can obviously still win , good young ones, drivers who fall in between these two categories, we have it all.

2. midgets - I am growing to like them more and more each time I see them and can't understand why they don't draw larger crowds. Same comment as #1. If only they could solve the cost problem.

3. 360 nonwing - (The only reason I need is Dave Darland at the Western States last November, but I have also seen other exciting ones.) I would also add 305 nonwing. Only saw them once at Riverside (The Ditch), but it was an excellent race.

4. 360 wing - love the ASCS format and they can flat out run a show.

5. Minis, micros, whatever size they are. I have seen some excellent races with them.

6. Dirt champ - legendary

7. 305 wing - I have not had the opportunity to see them.

Way in the back - winged 410s (see comment on passing).

Can't wait for next weekend's triple header.

Frank Daigh
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #5 4/12/10 1:13 AM
A racer's Mom once told me,"Wings are for Maxi-Pads". Not having any actual experience with the product,I figured she would know!!
  #6 4/12/10 8:40 AM
410 non-wing
SteveD (Offline)
  #7 4/12/10 11:15 AM
410 Sprints.
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #8 4/12/10 11:26 AM
Look it is a fact this is sprint car country here for sure. I for one would like to see a 360 winged series here in Indiana. Why you ask it would give me a chance to see different drivers and a different style of racing. To me the 360 wingers have what it takes to put on a show that most of would like to see even if we are not use to seeing it!

Kyle
Geoff Kaiser (Offline)
  #9 4/12/10 11:47 AM
Other=ALL thanks
  #10 4/12/10 12:55 PM
I prefer SPRINT CARS! No such thing as non-winged, only sprint cars and sprint cars with wings. They didn't have wings in the beginning.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, I Miss Manzy, ronmil, SprintManDave