IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bigmojo5
  #41 2/16/09 8:40 AM
Which one of you appears most ignorant is a matter of opinion.

Jim Morrison
Jim Halpert (Offline)
  #42 2/16/09 8:43 AM
I love when these things turn into "You're an ignorant fool!"..."No, you're an idiot!"...I'm out.
terrehautian (Offline)
  #43 2/16/09 9:26 AM
For those of us who didn't see the race. Pretty clear cut evidence, I predict NASCAR will have this video taken down today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho0S3XPWvMU
Boston41 (Offline)
  #44 2/16/09 10:02 AM
Like it or not, it is still racing. I am sure that the intensity in the garage area and the pits before a race are absolutely no different than before a local openwheel show in Indiana.

The only problem with 'Nascar' is the TV that we watch it on. They are still racers, and arguably the best 43 in the country.

If you DVR the races, and ffw through the BS, like I do - they are actually quite enjoyable.
davidm (Offline)
  #45 2/16/09 10:20 AM
Race was a joke, Fox coverage was a joke and NASCAR as usual turns it head when an Earnhardt pulls a dirty move.
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #46 2/16/09 12:42 PM
I didn't watch the race. However I can tell you one thing about the race: who won. Nascar won. Why? Because everyone is talking about it. Every sports website has something on it about the controversy, the crashes, the "drama". Indiana OPENWHEEL has 5 pages of comments and counting. In the end, it doesn't matter whether the racing is any good, just the attention and buzz it generates. That in a nutshell is why I don't like or watch Nascar.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #47 2/16/09 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by 6157:

I guess I was just taught to respect people who work hard at their sport, to improve their sport, and to make it successful and recognize what the statistics say and not what a handful of message board fans, not race fans, think..
NJD you have shown no respect to anyone on this board so its pretty funny to hear you talk about respect.

Originally Posted by 6157:
However, I wasn't taught to respect idiots. So you're out of luck.
I guess you have no self-respect then. BTW have you figured out what to call yourself after you get your butt booted out of here for the 2nd time?? Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, thats what a message board is for. learn to live with it or please find another board to attack on, we would all appreciate it.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
grinch (Offline)
  #48 2/16/09 1:05 PM
Lets not let this great message board get to equal some of the others.......There is so much racers info in the posters of this board to get into name calling et. etc etc......If you watched the race and didn`t like something say so but no need to call each other an idiot ...best to express your self and let it stay at that........:cheers
wbr (Offline)
  #49 2/16/09 2:28 PM
My thoughts on the race:
It was the best race my cable offered to watch yesterday.

The gopher cam was cute the first time, but looking at the cars from track level sucked after a couple of times.

The camera seemed to always be zoomed in too tight on one or two cars.

The commentary "What Vickers did was a legal manuever." (What jr. did was illegal?)

Vickers got crashed for blocking- too bad it collected so many other cars.

I really like Jason Leffler, I didn't see the race he was in and admit he probably got made an example of, however comparing him to Jr. isn't fair. Jr. has way more "star" power and control with Nascar the Jason and the two of them will always be treated differently.

We need to somehow lobby for an "Open Wheel Channel" nothing but OW racing. F1, Indy, USAC, ASCA, WOO and go karts programming 24-7. That would sure make winter pass a bit easier here in Indiana.:checkered:
Blake Johnson (Offline)
  #50 2/16/09 2:59 PM
I took some time, pooled some resources and wrote a few stories on my Open Wheeler blog this morning reguarding the Earnhardt situation. I have a transcribed interview with him and images that show he was obviously in the wrong. I also have an interresting theory on why NASCAR opted not to penalize Jr. I also offer a solution to the maddness.

The penalty to Leffler was correct but Dale Earnhardt Jr. should have recieved the exact same penality.

Did you watch the Chili Bowl on Speed Saturday night? I admit I missed it because I was out with my girlfriend, something about Feb. 14th. Anywho, the best way to get more Open Wheel programming on TV is to support Open Wheel programming that is on TV. Chili Bowl, Knoxville Nationals, WoO Sprints and IRL. If there are good rating, then program directors at the networks will look at putting on more Open Wheel TV. If Open Wheel TV develops a big following then we could see it's own channel. Until then it will be relegated to the web which may be it's best avenue for growth and financial success.