IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
9/21/14, 4:10 PM   #11
hoosierhillbilly

Attica and fremont run 305s with 410s but they are not raceceiver. Atlomic the track formerly known as kc is planning on the raceceivers 2015.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
9/21/14, 6:53 PM   #12
The Fanthom

Race Count This Year: 1

How is splitting your field going to help? This stuff does not work to increase counts. Are we going to run 5 classes now?

9/21/14, 8:38 PM   #13
Nick Corea

Everyone keeps forgetting that a "low-dollar" sprint car division already exists in Indiana. Paragon Speedway. And it works quite well, too. Used 410 engines are plentiful and affordable in Indiana. Plus, you can take your Paragon car to other Indiana tracks.
Will the Racesaver series work in Indiana? We shall see. Personally, a winged, under-powered sprint car division doesn't sound very appealing to me as a (now) spectator. But... If they displace a stock car division, I just might enjoy it.
Last edited by Nick Corea; 9/21/14 at 8:40 PM.

9/21/14, 11:21 PM   #14
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
What is the purse?
When the 360's started they cut the purse in half of a 410 race.

I am sure they will use the same formula, as they did then I would say 25% of a 410 purse.

It is a proven fact the only thing a 360 did was cut the purses, their is no other advantage to a 360 class.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cshuman, jim goerge, oldfan49
9/21/14, 11:30 PM   #15
Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Hope this works out. I'd like to see some thing like this in the northern part of the state. For *those* who cut down the stock car/ lower classes remember those guys put just as much effort in to what they can afford to race as do those open wheel cars you all speak so highly of. If it wasn't for these other classes some of you don't like tracks may not always be able to afford the payout they post each week. Respect and Thank you are words that in my opinion aren't used enough in racing. For the promoters and track owners doing what they can to keep racing affordable and keep tracks open & racers and teams trying their best to keep the cars on the track I applaud you for your efforts. Without you there wouldn't be any racing to begin with. For me racing is racing. I try to stay and watch the whole show when I'm at the races weather it's dirt, Asphalt, Oval, dragstrip/ Mud bog, road course, land, water, or air (Red Bull Air Races), 2 wheel or 4 wheel. I don't care what type it is. It may not always be easy because promoter and racer don't get along but at least try to appreciate both sides. Racing is the most expensive sport in the world. Promoters, officials, drivers, & teams do what they can to keep the sport going. For the many times I hear people moan and grown about the lower classes, to many classes, long night it was, ect..., remember what effort it take even with daily JOBS to keep it all going. For those that don't like the lower classes and leave before they race. I challenge you to stay the whole night and watch. Some times the lower classes put on the best races and I've seen they happen a lot over the years more then you might think.

P.S. Good luck to Bloomington Speedway in their new adventure with the Racesaver 305 Wing Sprint Car class in 2015.
Last edited by nathans1012; 9/21/14 at 11:32 PM.

9/22/14, 12:12 AM   #16
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
drob201

Id love to see this 410 motor you can build for the same price. Not to mention these 305's last 2 years or 100 + races...... and only needs rings. !10,000 to build brand new, 410 ares 50,000 and need refreshed ever 15 races for about 10 grand minimum....not to mention they are only a fraction of a second slower per lap than a non wing 410

9/22/14, 12:20 AM   #17
LocalYokel

Lots of local guys in Indiana that are very competitive with USAC and run twice a weekend have around 8-12k invested in there motor. Most buy used motors from the bigger teams, and only need to refresh them once a year, unless something catastrophic happens of course. I don't think more than maybe 4 or 5 teams running weekly in Indiana have 40k or anywhere even close to that in there motor.

As far as the race saver purse. I believe it pays between $500-350 to win, with everyone who makes the feature going home with at least $150.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Josh Kinser, Tony74
9/22/14, 12:25 AM   #18
LocalYokel

Here's an example of an affordable engine in the classified section...
https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...578&styleid=17

A motor that would be very competitive at any weekly Indiana track for 15k.
The beauty of non wing sprint cars is that horsepower isn't too terribly important.

1 member likes this post: Tony74
9/22/14, 3:03 AM   #19
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Corea View Post
Everyone keeps forgetting that a "low-dollar" sprint car division already exists in Indiana. Paragon Speedway. And it works quite well, too. Used 410 engines are plentiful and affordable in Indiana. Plus, you can take your Paragon car to other Indiana tracks.
Will the Racesaver series work in Indiana? We shall see. Personally, a winged, under-powered sprint car division doesn't sound very appealing to me as a (now) spectator. But... If they displace a stock car division, I just might enjoy it.
Yeah! That's the spirit. I hope they get rid of one of the successful stock car divisions so they can run the underpowered, no-passing wing sprints. Cause we all know those stock car classes have absolutely no right to race on the same track. It's not like they work on their cars during the week, spend their hard earned money to support the track, or pay the same pit pass fee. Nooo, they are freeloaders and don't need a place to race...

(^^^^ Complete sarcasm ^^^^)

I don't care if they run wing sprints. I wish them the best in whatever they decide to do. I just like to fight back against the people who act like sprint cars are the only thing that deserve to be on the track.
Rant over lol

9/22/14, 4:29 AM   #20
flagboy55

I think we all understand the economics of support classes. And anyone who has been around the track awhile knows the dedication effort and sacrifice people put into racing, at almost all levels. That said, just because i spent my paycheck and stayed in the garage till 3 in the morning 4 nights in a row to get my street stock to the track this weekend, doesn't necessarily mean anyone wants to watch me race. Another fear of a real low buck sprint class, while i like the idea of getting more people a chance to try it, it could also lead to a lot of work for push trucks pushing off beginners who are spinning out all time while they learn to race. I mean we all got to start somewhere, i just don't care to watch

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015