IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Been a tough time for Sprint car racers
6/13/13, 12:28 AM   #1
Been a tough time for Sprint car racers
racephoto1

In the last two and a half weeks I've lost two people I know to sprint car accidents. It seems almost unfathomable that it's happened. The sprint cars of today seem to be safe, at least to prior times, than this happens.

You ask yourself how and why, you get mad, angry, heartbroken, to name just a few. You then get back in the car if your a driver, or the stands if your a fan.

You say a prayer for those who are gone, and are thankful that you were fortunate enough , to have seen the talent and skill they shared with us.

Godspeed to those who are gone.

6/13/13, 5:15 PM   #2
Re: Been a tough time for Sprint car racers
Bad Dad 54

I can understand how you feel, I lost a close personal friend to racing accident years ago. Every driver is my friend even crew car owner. But when death comes around I have to realize it was their time. Doesn't make it any easier to take but it's a reality of life. People die from all kinds of sports deer hunting here in Michigan can be pretty rough. Look at the short period of time you're allowed to hunt. Sulky racing is very dangerous but it goes on. We've lost 2 drivers and another is in the hospital w/ a halo to help his neck heal. Short track racing never gets the spot light til someone dies. Be care full out there people God Bless

4 members like this post: jim goerge, KENDALLRACING, team3521, weirracing
6/13/13, 8:35 PM   #3
Re: Been a tough time for Sprint car racers
cecil98

Message deleted by author for being inappropriate
Last edited by cecil98; 6/13/13 at 8:52 PM.

6/13/13, 9:20 PM   #4
REALDEAL

These men passed doing what they loved to do.....race. As a former racer I told myself and many others that if and when it is my turn to leave Earth I hope it would be in a race car. Just as our men and women in the services put themselves in harms way to protect our freedoms, racers alike suit up and arm themselves to do battle, knowingly putting their lives in harms way so the fans and fellow racers will see the HEROS that they are. RIP to all that have lost their lives in these battles.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: dirt330, racer-x
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Been a tough time for Sprint car racers