IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Race at Moler Raceway Park
5/22/08, 9:16 PM   #11
Re: MMSA Race at Moler Raceway Park
S&R58

SLIDE 22 Glade to see a new members first post? But apparently you did not understand the question to Mr. May about minisprint racers and The organization on {Cherry Pickers}. Memership Fees VS Guest fees or Private club fees. Rules etc.

5/22/08, 9:46 PM   #12
hoosier hillbilly

What a disappointing post. you need to do your homework. There are several amsa members that plan on also running mmsa races. Check last year results for amsa and your results for this year - Hueston, Willis, Horton, Nicholas, Willis, Eich, Douglas are all amsa guys that have visited mmsa this year.

There are probably a lot of guys that will run some of both, but certainly not if you continue your antics. Its certainly helped me with my decision for this weekend.

5/22/08, 10:45 PM   #13
racechick08

Hope to see a lot of mini sprints at moler friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**********ALSO*********
Monday May 26
Car and Bike show/ cruise in 9:00am judging @ 12:00pm

100 lap Enduro race
4 cyl class
600cc mini sprints
Demo derby
GATES OPEN @ 1:00pm

We are going to have great weather and lots of fun. Hope to see all everyone there, if you have never been to MRP what a great day to come out!!!!!!!!!!!:Steer

5/22/08, 10:49 PM   #14
Bill May

In response to the negative posts of s&r 58, dale 800 and somebodysmam (harriet) in regards to the MMSA:
dale 800, as I recall,your eariler post stated "you did not have a car, did not plan to get a car or drive and had nothing in the AMSA, I was suprised you were intrested in racing at Moler,from the way your questions were framed indicated you had already been to the MMSA website and knew the answers to your questions, everything you wanted to know is on the website, our membership fees and all other fees are explained, nothing is hidden.

s&r 58, see above message to dale 800, the info on the website is not too difficult to comphrend, when the winners is paid $1,000 vs $300 AMSA paid at twin cities, that's "cherry picking" in any racers language,that's why it's paid to full members only, 41 members must see something positive here, huh?

somebodysmam, Compare the payout top to bottom of the MMSA to the AMSA, I think there is a substantial difference,the MMSA fees are set accordingly,how the AMSA charges their membership and makes the payoff is their bussiness, I make no negative comments about the price of being "welcomed"

I suspect some of you refuse to accept and/or resent the fact that there is a competitive association on the scene, we published a press release when we started the MMSA stating our goals, so far we have exceeded those goals, in no way did we plan to replace the AMSA 1200cc cars, we are providing a less expensive alternatitive to the upright mini sprint racers while making it possible to intermingle the two groups this year, The race at Moler this fri. is a good opportunity to do that if you like.I think it is in the best interest of both groups to co-exist and work together when possible.

I will be available at Moler fri. to have a positive discussion with anyone interested in racing with the MMSA, explain the rules, all fees, payout and answer questions, you might want to try us before you decide you don't like us. and, yes, you are "wecome"

Thank you, Bill May

5/22/08, 11:37 PM   #15
somebodysmam

Don't know where you get your information on the payoff but you are very very wrong.Since I do the payoff I know the facts.The pay out sheet list the payoff every week no secrets.
My post was not putting down your club was just pointing out everyone is paid equal at our races. I hope you keep paying your $1000 to win, but I wanted the all racers to know you had to be a member of your club to get the pay off advertised. This rules reads differently than the first rules I printed off last fall.
I hope all 41 of your members show up Friday night mini sprints put on a great show.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Race at Moler Raceway Park