IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Staab
5/10/08, 2:56 PM   #1
Support Stabb
D.O.

We all know that most of USAC reads here.

Maybe if we post some Greg Staab support it will get read.
:dologob:

I've known Greg for a long time and his passion for the sport cannot be questioned. Why move to Indy ?

He knows both and all sides of the sport and has done a lot for USAC with events and saving SprintWeek.

Hopefully the rumours are just that!

:dologob:

Dan O. Laycock

How about some love for the DOG !

5/10/08, 3:24 PM   #2
Re: Support Staab
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

I met Greg two years ago when i got the lease for Lawrenceburg Speedway. Since that time, Greg has helped me out in many many ways. From his advice to me about promoting, to his hard work to rebuild USAC Indiana Sprint Week at Lawrenceburg due to previous year fiasco. Greg has been a great value to USAC, as a promotor i have alot of respect for Greg and what he has done for the sport.
Good luck Greg whatever you are doing.
Dave Rudisell GM Lawrenceburg Speedway

5/10/08, 3:30 PM   #3
deannalynn

There is a rich racing tradition in the midwest (especially for Indiana and Ohio clay) that Mr. Staab has been an important part of. While I see there are these rumors, it is not fair to speculate in a negative way. Mr. Staab has been a great asset to this sport we love for decades. I can tell from the message boards that he has earned much of your respect over the years. I'm sure lots of people will follow suit and respond with positive comments.

I won't tell you how long I've been a fan of his - 'cause then I'd be telling my age. :checkered:

:checkered:

5/10/08, 4:41 PM   #4
Pat O'Connor Fan

I met Greg Staab the first time he and his father ran a midget at Terre Haute (that is a heck of a long time ago) and I've seen him as a driver, an owner, a promoter, a mechanic, and a USAC official. I respect him in all of those things!
I do not have warm, fuzzy feelings about the future of USAC.
Whatever Greg's future, I'll bet it will be better than USAC's.

5/10/08, 7:35 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Name ten people that are responsible for USAC still being here today and thriving.

Greg's among the top of that list.

Chuck, Unless he's leaving voluntarily, USAC's pretty much off my calandar.

5/10/08, 8:29 PM   #6
throb

stabb is the man....need i say more?

5/10/08, 9:38 PM   #7
trickyricky

I have had the pleasure of working with Greg and his dad from running USAC midgets in the mid 70's to starting with sprints cars in the late 70's and on thru 1986 and most of his championships at Lawrenceburg. Helping Greg thru those ten years I had grown to know his passion for the sport and wanting someday to work for USAC when his racing career was over. Greg has obviously done an outstanding job at his position with USAC just from listening to all the racers compliments about him and the way he treated them. We did not get that kind of treatment with the old USAC as many of you well know. If Greg has moved on I just hope that it was his decision and not ******** within USAC. Greg if you read this I wish you the very best because you deserve it.

Ric Schwarm

5/10/08, 10:04 PM   #8
IndyBound

Chuck, I think we all know Greg Staab is not leaving USAC voluntarily. We also know USAC has thrived because of Greg being there. He has totally devoted himself to his responsibilites at USAC over the past three years.

Throb, yes Staab is the man. He will bring a great amount of racing experience and knowledge to whatever organization he joins next. USAC is losing the hardest working employee they had.

Patti

5/10/08, 11:32 PM   #9
Bruce Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
I've seen him as a driver, an owner, a promoter, a mechanic, and a USAC official. I respect him in all of those things!
I do not have warm, fuzzy feelings about the future of USAC.
Whatever Greg's future, I'll bet it will be better than USAC's.
Couldn't have said it better! :thumb

5/10/08, 11:53 PM   #10
speedy20

I have known Greg Staab for over 20 years. The man eats, sleeps, breathes sprint car racing. He would do no harm to the sport he loves. USAC is making a HUGE mistake by letting him go. He is the man.

Jeff Simonton

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Staab