IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Point Standing VCS Bell Helmet
10/4/07, 12:47 PM   #1
Point Standing VCS Bell Helmet
Wagneroldage

It is strange other places can get posted soon after a race who the winners are and the standings, especially if it is a contest for a title. Why has Vermillion never had anything posted on their link. Does anyone have an answer for that? They were so frequent on the board to advertise for racers, but so slow with their standings. Bonnie Wagner

10/4/07, 1:53 PM   #2
Re: Point Standing VCS Bell Helmet
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

The points were posted a couple of days after...

Cummins by one point over Wissmiller

10/4/07, 1:56 PM   #3
Dgentry51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
The points were posted a couple of days after...

Cummins by one point over Wissmiller
wissmiller by one point over cummins

10/4/07, 2:23 PM   #4
Chris Nunn

Yeah thats what I meant..lol

Thanks Donnie

10/4/07, 2:33 PM   #5
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgentry51 View Post
wissmiller by one point over cummins
http://www.vermilioncountyspeedway.o...BellPoints.pdf

10/4/07, 2:46 PM   #6
#1SPRINTVET

Bonnie I am with you. Why is this Series not well attended? Your inquiry hits the nail on the head. Here are my statistics from the Bell Shootout at Danville: Final Bell SHootout Points -
1. Mitch Wissmiller 70
2. Kyle Cummins 69
3. Chase Stockon 57
4. Shane Cottle 40
5. Brett Tripplett 39
Hud Cone 39
6. Casey Shuman 30
Chad Branson 30
7. Thomas Messeraul 28
A. J. Anderson 28
8. Kevin Thomas Jr 26
9. Kyle Wissmiller 25
10. Chris Urish 24
11. Kenny Biro 23
12. Patrick Brun 22
Robbie Rice 22
Feature finishes for season - May - Casey Shuman, Chase Stockon, Cole Witt, Kyle Cummins, Mitch Wissmiller, Brett Tripplett, Kenny Biro, Mark Clark, Kenny Carmichael, Chad Branson, Nick Corea, Chad Davenport, Arin McIntosh, Tommy Rockwell, Joe Roush, Bobby Smith, Kenny Carmichael Jr, Kevin Thomas Jr, Nick Hanfland, Josh Goode, Aaron Fry, Craig Dori, Kyle Hill, Kyle Wissmiller.
June - Shane Cottle, Thomas Messeraul, Mitch Wissmiller, Joe Roush, Kenny Carmichael Jr, Kenny Biro, Kenny Carmichael, Kyle Wissmiller, Kevin Thomas Jr, Chris Urish, Arin McItosh, Doug Canhan, Kevin Studley, Aric Gentry, Brett Tripplett, Bobby Smith, Chad Davenport, Chad Branson, Kyle Hill, John Boyd, Nick Corea, Josh Goode, A. J. Martin, Todd Kimmel, Geoff Dodge, Casey Shuman
July - Mitch Wissmiller, Blake Fitzpatrick, Hud Cone, Kyle Cummins, Alex Shanks, Kenny Niflis, Jason Holt, Thomas Messeraul, Chase Stockon, Dickie Gaines, Arin McIntosh, Kevin Thomas Jr, Casey Shuman, Brett Tripplett, Chris Urish, Chad Branson, Dale Christian, Tommy Rockwell, Kent Christian, Kenny Biro, John Paynter, Patrick Bruns, Donnie Gentry
August- Shane Cottle, A. J. Anderson, Chase Stockon, Robbie Rice, Geoff Dodge, Kyle Cummins, Kyle Wissmiller, Aric Gentry, A. J. Martin, John Boyd, Brian Crawford, Blake Fitzpatrick, Al Thomas, Nick Hanfland, Chad Branson, Nick Corea, Kevin Thomas Jr, Josh Goode, Patrick Budde, Tommy Rockwell, Brett Tripplett, Mitch Wissmiller, Dickie Gaines, Patrick Bruns
Sept. 21 - Heat One - Chris Urish, Gary Altig, Mitch Wissmiller, Tommy Rockwell, Shawn Krockenberger, Nick Corea, Chad Branson, D. J. Ott, Al Thomas, Kevin Thomas Jr
Heat Two - Robbbie Rice, Chase Stockon, Kyle Hill, Todd Kimmel, Joey Moughan, Aric Gentry, Bruce Berry, Matt Underwood, Craig Budde, Jim Romig
Heat Three - Hud Cone, Kyle Cummins, Brett Tripplett, Patrick Bruns, Dale Christian, Patrick Budde, John Boyd, Eric Krockenberger
B Main - A. Gentry, Corea, Thomas Jr, P. Budde, Steve Thomas, Ott, Underwood, A. Thomas, Boyd
Feature - Cone, Cummins, Urish, Stockon, Tripplett, Kimmel, Altig, Moughan, S. Krockenberger, Bruns, Thomas Jr, Rockwell, Branson, Rice, Corea, M. Wissmiller, Christian, Gentry, Hill, S. Thomas, P. Budde.
Sept. 22 - Heat One - Chase Stockon, Robbie Rice, Darin Krockenberger, Dale Christian, Tommy Rockwell, Aric Gentry, Matt Unerwood.
Heat Two - Anthony Peterman, Kevin Briscoe, Kyle Cummins, Patrick Budde, D. J. Ott, Brett Tripplett, Bruce Berry, Eric Krockenberger
Heat Three - Gary Altig, Todd Kimmel, Hud Cone, Danny Williams Jr, Chris Urish, Patrick Bruns, Nick Corea, Joey Moughan, Nick Hanfland
Heat Four - A. J. Anderson, Kevin Thomas Jr, Chad Branson, Kyle Hill, Jim Romig, Al Thomas, Mitch Wissmiller, Shawn Krockenberger
B Main One - Thomas Messeraul, Urish, Tripplett, Moughan, Corea, Hanfland, Ott, Matt Dobey
B Main Two - M. Wissmiller, Budde, Bruns, E. Krockenberger, Romig, S. Krockenberger, Berry, S. Thomas
50 Lap Feature - Cummins, M. Wissmiller, Briscoe, Anderson, Moughan, Stockon, Altig, Bruns, Kimmel, Urish, Branson, D. Krockenberger, Rockwell, E. Krockenberger, Williams Jr, Thomas Jr, Christian, Hill, Rice, Budde, Tripplett, Messeraul, Peterman, Cone

10/4/07, 4:41 PM   #7
sprint4

Along the same line of posting results...

Edit!!
#1SPRINTVET - This is what I'm talking about!! Good job, and thanks! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

I raced in all but two of the events at Danville, but never made the feature. The results that were posted only showed the finish of the cars that ran in the A-Main. However, I did see results in one post here that read something like "Also at the track..." where my name was mentioned.

Unless I had posted my results on my own website, it would seem to people searching the Internet for my results from this season that I only attended one race, a MSCS show at Jacksonville.

While I realize that I was only an "also ran" at these events, I still spent hundreds of dollars per trip to collect $50 at the end of the night. In fact, my car wasn't even shown on the payout sheet after the last race. It took the nice ladies in the pit shack to radio the tower to figure out that it was a misprint or something, and that I was actually there.

Its seems that I have had a different experience then what I have seen others posting here. What I am trying say, is the people who do not make the Feature, still spend a good deal of money, and put forth a great deal of effort, and in my own opinion, it would be nice to at least have my presence recognized. Even if I ran last in Consi #1, it would still be great to see that I actually finished 8th, because two cars did not finish.

Another thing that would be great and definitely help to attract more fans, is a detailed description of the night's events. This is not something that necessarily needs to be done by the track, but a dedicated fan, or a member of the media would be a perfect candidate for this role. Drama is what sells racing. If people see that there was a large car count, some good racing action, with several lead changes, guys passing a lot of cars, etc., then that will get more people interested in what is going on. Also, while it is sad to say, the danger and carnage of sprint car racing attracts fans.

For example, during the August 17th event there were two crashes that I know of, that would have been great to have seen written about somewhere. An example of my crash description could be as follows:

In Heat #2, looking the best he has all season, Dobey was running third and struck a tractor tire coming off of turn 2 and flipped. Dobey was uninjured, but a broken chassis kept him from completing the night's events.

Also from the same night's feature, another description:

Brett Tripplett was running a solid third and challenging for second with several laps to go, when he struck the same tire as Dobey, shearing the left front wheel off his car. Without brakes, Tripplett was unable to stop the car and came to rest underneath the front bumper of the Toyota of Danville's Tundra pace truck. Tripplett was uninjured in the accident, and fortunately, all of the track officials were also safe. Watch an in-car video here.

Since I have not yet done so, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Bill Nelson and the folks at the Vermilion County Speedway, Steve Thomas and the folks at Bell, Sam Stockton, the push truck drivers, and everybody else that has been working hard to make the Bell Helmet Shootout what it has become. I also want to thank the Indiana racers for coming and kicking my butt time and time again :wink1:, and for their support too. I was also glad to see that there was a lot of discussion of the events here on IOW. :applaud:

I am not writing this to criticize the promoter, the track, or anyone else in any way. I am happy that there is a non-wing show in Illinois that I can compete in on Friday nights. I have supported this deal from the beginning, and will continue to do so. I think that they have a "good" thing going, but these are just a couple of thoughts pertaining to the publicizing of results that I believe would help contribute to making it a "great" thing.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Matt Dobey

10/4/07, 4:59 PM   #8
Biro 22

Very good point Matt...........

We came to the first three events and made all of the features. We had a great time and thought the promoter was a real sweetheart. Always looking out for the drivers and trying to make the teams feel very appreciated.

My only gripe and the reason for not coming back was the point system used. As you can see, and no offense meant towards Shane, but he ended up 4th overall and only came to two out of the six races. I don't see much overall point appreciation for those drivers that showed up to all six races and didn't even make the top ten in points.

I think with a few of your suggestions and a revamping of the point system, it would be one hell of a series.

Curt Biro

10/4/07, 6:09 PM   #9
Chris Nunn

Next year I will make double sure that all results are taken care of.

The system at VCS is that results are faxed to the pit shack for payout, and sometimes I will get a full rundown of everything.

Next year, if I am still at VCS, I will make sure everything is taken care of accordingly

10/4/07, 9:23 PM   #10
#1SPRINTVET

Matt Dobey and Curt Biro, your suggestion and ideas to improve a nice program are really good. I have already came up with a list of suggestions for Bill Nelson for next season. Press reports, write-ups, point system are the main subjects on my list. I plan on meeting with Bill and discussing what I feel could much improve an already good situation. Bill did a good job, this was his learning year for the Sprint Car program and tried his very best to make it good. Each race showed improvement, but with a little help and honing the program it can be great for everyone. The Sprint Car people really did a good job of supporting his races, but the final weekend was a financial disaster. Hopefully Bill will still look to better things next season.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Point Standing VCS Bell Helmet