IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
greenupracing20 (Offline)
  #1 2/16/19 12:06 AM
Does anyone know the reason the powr I wildcard series was scrapped?
  #2 2/17/19 1:34 PM
Nobody?
sprinter31 (Offline)
  #3 2/17/19 3:19 PM
I would say it has to do with Casey taking a job with WoO Late Models. But for the folks in west central Illinois check out the Iowa Sprint car League. Races at 34, Lee county, and Quincy.
oldfan49 (Offline)
  #4 2/17/19 5:48 PM
looks more like they just combined it. Seems WAR is migrating more to the east
4 Likes: RockinRy, sprinter31, tirespinner, wideopen24
JHarris (Offline)
  #5 2/18/19 7:49 PM
Was told the it is done for 2019 by POWER I
  #6 2/18/19 7:57 PM
That’s to bad. I thought it was a really good series and was nice for those of us that live in northern Illinois. Now the travel that far south makes it hard to do
3 Likes: sprinter31, tirespinner, t_inmyface
cshuman (Offline)
  #7 2/19/19 2:19 AM
There were multiple reasons for the change in 2019. The 2018 WAR Wildcard Series was a lot of fun, and we were able to run at some really cool places. In 2019 we have taken what I would consider our strongest tracks/races from both the WAR and WAR Wildcard schedules and combined them into one. I feel like concentrating our efforts and resources into one will only help the series grow going forward. With this, we will be able to grow the series point fund to a little over $15,000, with the possibility of adding to it before the season is over. I look forward to seeing everyone at the track this year...
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, oppweld, racenut69, skids59, Speedmax3, sprinter31, tirespinner, wildman92
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #8 2/19/19 1:21 PM
Among all the negativity on some of the other threads, I would just like to thank Casey for coming on here, time and again, and giving us straight information. I know that there are lots of us who really appreciate it. This is the true IOW.

Frank Daigh
18 Likes: billw, BrentTFunk, captrat, cshuman, dkdorkboy, EltoJoe, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, oppweld, PIT CART, RockinRy, skids59, Speedmax3, sprinter31, tirespinner
  #9 2/19/19 4:56 PM
A big part of our decision to sell our D-2 midget and put a sprint car together was the way the series was run and Casey.
5 Likes: cshuman, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, oppweld, tirespinner
cshuman (Offline)
  #10 2/19/19 6:12 PM
I appreciate that. Brooke and I have always tried to run our series with the racers best interest in mind and thats what we will continue to do. Look forward to seeing you guys this year.
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, sprinter31, tirespinner