IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC39 Backstretch
9/4/19, 3:50 PM   #1
BC39 Backstretch
Beinthecircle

The president of IMS J Douglas Boles announced today that the backstretch of the dirt track is now PERMANENT and he “wants this track to be part of IMS for a long time to come”.

9/4/19, 4:17 PM   #2
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

If you're talking about the backstretch wall, I'm staring right at it and it's definitely not going anywhere. Thanks Doug for everything you've done to make this happen.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

9/4/19, 11:17 PM   #3
chathamracefan

Might this allow for some racing on the dirt leading up to the Indy 500?

2 members like this post: jdull99, superstock30
9/4/19, 11:45 PM   #4
Re: BC39 Backstretch
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
Might this allow for some racing on the dirt leading up to the Indy 500?
The NIGHT b4 would be a heck of an idea...BUT I know it's a little busy around there, so - if anything - Carb NIGHT? Which I also know is busy tho...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

9/4/19, 11:58 PM   #5
chrismattlin

No chance of a dirt race the weekend of The 500. The Carb Day and Legends Day concerts definitely would preempt any racing... and the musical acts draw many more customers than they could even fit around the dirt track. Now, could they put on a race during qualiying weekend? Possibly. It could work.

The World of Oulaws want to race there. Badly. Although I think it's more likely to see them there on a standalone event, eventually.

2 members like this post: jdull99, SPRINTCAR
9/5/19, 1:59 AM   #6
DICNJAN

this is just one great midget track...going to be hard to see another race like last nite .....BUT im not going to miss it ..better get your tickets ..

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/5/19, 11:01 AM   #7
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

I know it was on it's way to being permanent with the changes they made; but after last night I think it sealed the deal and the dirt track earned a permanent spot on the grounds.

9/5/19, 11:43 AM   #8
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
No chance of a dirt race the weekend of The 500. The Carb Day and Legends Day concerts definitely would preempt any racing... and the musical acts draw many more customers than they could even fit around the dirt track. Now, could they put on a race during qualiying weekend? Possibly. It could work.

The World of Oulaws want to race there. Badly. Although I think it's more likely to see them there on a standalone event, eventually.
The Outlaws are at Eldora for their Let’s Race Two event on the same weekend as the Indy Grand Prix. The Grand Prix is on Saturday, so a Sunday show might be a possibility for either the USAC sprints, midgets, or the Outlaws at IMS. They would already be in the area with the races at Eldora on Friday and Saturday. Both series had races scheduled on the weekend of 500 qualifying this year (Granite City for USAC sprints and midgets, Williams Grove for the Outlaws).

I think the move of the NASCAR race to the July 4th weekend next year would be a good opportunity for the dirt track to host a UMP Summer Nationals race.
Last edited by hoosier race fan; 9/5/19 at 11:50 AM.

9/5/19, 12:04 PM   #9
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I think the move of the NASCAR race to the July 4th weekend next year would be a good opportunity for the dirt track to host a UMP Summer Nationals race.
The BC39 will be moving with the NASCAR race July 1-2 according to Doug Boles

9/5/19, 12:05 PM   #10
Therealether

Robin Miller said at last year's race that this track wasnt going anywhere. I know the grandstands are temporary, but I thought the wall/catchfencing was already permanent.

1 member likes this post: bvall24
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC39 Backstretch