IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What kind of car is this??????
7/20/15, 12:26 PM   #21
Re: What kind of car is this??????
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoost5.3Notch View Post
I kind of have to agree. I can't make sense of it really, but was thinking someone else may at least have a theory on it. On the rule book thing I took a quick look and thought the car was still legal. The end result is a chain from the shaft style rearend to the axle and the chain is well guarded.... I could be wrong though.
I'm not as familiar with Micro rules but most Mini/Lightning rulebooks that I know of have some sort of "one chain, two sprockets, direct from countershaft to rear axle" rule in there.
Dad's idea of it originally being a shaft-drive engine makes sense too, although it still would have been easier to run a u-joint adapter from the Kawi's chain drive countershaft to the ring & pinion, like a Kenyon Midget or a Dwarf/Modlite; maybe it was a case of "make do with what you have".
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 7/20/15 at 12:28 PM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/20/15, 2:26 PM   #22
DAD

Jim

Just looked at the pic of the car. The car I was talking about was a 600cc upright w 13" wheels. Looks like that car uses 10" wheels and may be an air cooled motor also. Neat conversation piece but probably not too racy. Too nice to cut up I would call it a keeper.

Honest Dad himself

7/20/15, 4:51 PM   #23
BigBoost5.3Notch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Jim

Just looked at the pic of the car. The car I was talking about was a 600cc upright w 13" wheels. Looks like that car uses 10" wheels and may be an air cooled motor also. Neat conversation piece but probably not too racy. Too nice to cut up I would call it a keeper.

Honest Dad himself
it does have 10" wheels but is water cooled.

7/20/15, 5:34 PM   #24
leaglen

Not sure but I think that used to be Cody Rennels car. He raced it in Charleston, IL. He still races there.
Last edited by leaglen; 7/21/15 at 10:06 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What kind of car is this??????