IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?
10/9/07, 10:24 PM   #221
Re: Lawrencburg updates tonight?
Sprint Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy View Post
Hasn't this been beat to death now? Time to move on people....:redflag:
Maybe this will be the LAST post on this? :checkered: :checkered:

10/9/07, 11:58 PM   #222
jjones776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Last week we were debating the cost to get in, now after the fact,depending on your point of view,most seem to say the racing sucked Saturday night. Someone mentioned driving 300+ miles and got a thank you from Dave Rudisell.

Last week Dave noted what a great value you were getting for your $25.00,and even compared it to other forms of entertainment. In case you have forgotten that post,here it is.

OLD LINK REMOVED

Its no wonder that some tracks have a hard time competing with other forms of entertainment. If you charge good money for admission,and the races are crappy,why would people want to come back for 2nd time?

I was also thinking this past weekend after Dave's post last week comparing prices,that he shouldnt be telling us hardcore fans the comparisons, he should be out going AFTER the people going to other forms of entertainment,and get them to come to the races instead.More importantly get them to come to the races every week!

I'm just glad I had already made plans for other venues this weekend rather than Lawrenceburg. I would have been really bummed had I made the drive down,paid good money expecting to see a good race,then leave feeling disappointed. Then I would have even more disappointed reading basically, thanks for coming 300 miles,try again next time.
i think you missed out ASQ. i enjoyed the racing. what do you expect dave to do?? he is getting drilled on here. so the way i see it he is taking the high road instead of trying to argue with everyone and make it even worse.

10/10/07, 12:39 AM   #223
Kirk Spridgeon

I had a blast. Plenty of entertainment. I spent more time in the grandstand seat than just about any race I can remember this year.

Did you people not watch Swindell for the last twenty laps of that race? How about Casey Shuman? How about watching kids like Sammy Imel and Kevin Thomas, Jr. stepping up?

You guys need to find some new friends at the race track who are more entertaining or buy a pit pass or something...

10/10/07, 6:44 AM   #224
cecil98

I think Dave is smart to stay out of p!ssing matches with the paying customers. He's working hard to make Lawrenceburg a success. The track wasn't perfect but, it wasn't as bad as many on here make it out to be. The feature was a great race in my opinion, and the people sitting around us (all strangers) were having one hell of a time watching Swindell's run at Ballou. I would have enjoyed it more if we had made the show but, that didn't happen so, I got to sit back and enjoy some good racing after we loaded up.

10/10/07, 6:58 AM   #225
Knoke77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint Fan View Post
Maybe this will be the LAST post on this? :checkered: :checkered:

Let me add to the dead horse beating!!

10/10/07, 8:05 AM   #226
Seadog

[QUOTE=Kirk Spridgeon;13776You guys need to find some new friends at the race track who are more entertaining or buy a pit pass or something...[/QUOTE] Friends? What makes you think I have friends at the racetrack to begin with?:emote20: Or friends anywhere at any time?:emote20:

10/10/07, 9:06 AM   #227
Joe Kidd

Dave is still my choice for POY award.

10/10/07, 10:42 AM   #228
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kidd View Post
Dave is still my choice for POY award.
Mine too!
All I know is that Dave stepped up to the plate *Several times*, Put up with a lot of crap and almost lost money. He ran all but two races, One with a half hour thunderstorm at hotlap time and got KIDS INTERESTED and too the track with some school promo's early on.

The track change is not his doing, It was a condition of anyone who took the lease.

10/10/07, 11:22 AM   #229
FOR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
I had a blast. Plenty of entertainment. I spent more time in the grandstand seat than just about any race I can remember this year.

Did you people not watch Swindell for the last twenty laps of that race? How about Casey Shuman? How about watching kids like Sammy Imel and Kevin Thomas, Jr. stepping up?

You guys need to find some new friends at the race track who are more entertaining or buy a pit pass or something...
Some how Spridge you calling somebody a kid makes me feel 100 years old. Any track promoter or owner who interacts with fans on a message board has my respect. He will never satisfy everybody. My advise to him is to do your job if you do it good people will be there if not they won't. leave it to us let us wannabees to fight all night long a message board

10/10/07, 11:52 AM   #230
D.O.

a lot of track operators look at this board, many will not post because they don't want to be beat on. Dave has stepped up and took his beatings and still kept "The Burg" going all year.

Hats off to Dave for having the balls to take the beatings.

IOW has maybe 30 people who speak up and post their thoughts, good or bad, regular.

Out of "The Burg" large crowd how many where IOW people??? Not many maybe 3%. I'm sure some of the non-IOW's in the stand where upset too, but most went home happy seeing a race and cheering for their guys in whatever classes.

Point is only a few step up and post here compared too the total number at the track, some use their name and most are keyboard jockeys without signing a real name. If you really mean what you say then step up and put your real name with it!!

Most of the fans at Put or any track don't care and go home happy and don't read or even know about IOW. They come back every week to see the races, good or bad.

This horse is dead.

:dologob:

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?