IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #1 12/7/09 7:31 PM
I believe it was Jerry Spencer who started a topic like this last winter and i thought it would be fun to do it again this year. It also gives me an excuse to complain about our winters here in the frozen tundra. I just got done cleaning up 3 and a half inches of snow at the Watson ranch. Sounds like we are in for a bad one Tuesday night into Wednesday, anywhere from 8-13" are possible so it's time to batten down the hatches cause old man winter has surfaced.
mowerman (Offline)
  #2 12/7/09 7:36 PM
Hell Tim we had snow on the ground in Sacamento ca. this morning . 1st time since the 70s. We should have stayed back in Indiana. Im ready for spring .
Fred Zirzow (Offline)
  #3 12/7/09 7:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
I believe it was Jerry Spencer who started a topic like this last winter and i thought it would be fun to do it again this year. It also gives me an excuse to complain about our winters here in the frozen tundra. I just got done cleaning up 3 and a half inches of snow at the Watson ranch. Sounds like we are in for a bad one Tuesday night into Wednesday, anywhere from 8-13" are possible so it's time to batten down the hatches cause old man winter has surfaced.
Drive down to Milwaukee...no snow yet!

Fred Zirzow
cmakin (Offline)
  #4 12/7/09 8:17 PM
Originally Posted by mowerman:
Hell Tim we had snow on the ground in Sacamento ca. this morning . 1st time since the 70s. We should have stayed back in Indiana. Im ready for spring .
I remember that snow back then. I lived up in the foothills, though. We got just a little more (not much-Shingle Springs) than Sacramento, though. About once or twice a year the snow would crawl down to the 1,500 foot elevation.

We just had snow here in the Houston area on Friday. Unfortunately it caused the last two days of our big three day USMTS modified show to cancel. My back yard on the 4th of December:

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
Z-man (Offline)
  #5 12/7/09 8:23 PM
Originally Posted by mowerman:
Global warming
Posted via Mobile Device
cmakin (Offline)
  #6 12/7/09 8:33 PM
Originally Posted by Z-man:
Global warming
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't kid yourself. I read this past weekend where some climate apologist stated that the cold weather was due to global warming. . . .

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #7 12/7/09 9:03 PM
Carey that looked like my yard this morning. But it's melted.....for now. We have rain and high winds in our future.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
RichH (Offline)
  #8 12/7/09 10:14 PM
I'm scheduled into Milwaukee tomorrow AM on business! Thnhe show must go on.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and bearing a cross"
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #9 12/7/09 10:31 PM
Currently watching the Packers & Ravens from Lambeau Field and it looks rather balmy. No snow according to Mike Trico.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #10 12/7/09 10:50 PM
uh...around 80 this afternoon here in west central Florida. Its nearly 10PM and we have the air on in the MH. Hope it's like this the first week in Feb....wishful thinking
Closed Thread