IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > eldora format change
9/28/16, 11:45 PM   #31
Re: eldora format change
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
What are you smokin? It started out with late model and silver crown prelims Friday night, sprint and midget prelims Saturday night and the features on Sunday afternoon. Watched Steve Kinser start last in Vogler's car and win the Silver Crown feature in a cloud of dust in bright daylight on either ESPN or ABC television. I still have the tape. I saw Page's crash in ESPN also in daylight. You've either got some really killer stuff or dementia. They did switch after Page's crash to Friday and Saturday night with qualifying and heats on Friday and B's and A's Saturday night. Under that format, not much purse would have to be paid Friday and the bigger crowd that would show up on Saturday would still see plenty of racing. I drove 7 hours each way one year for just the Saturday night races and thought it was perfect....so, of course they changed it!
Chris said he been to 18 in a row it a shame he missed the ones that were the best when it was a 3 day event with ARCA running the stock car portion and then USAC open wheel.

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”
Last edited by REH24; 9/28/16 at 11:46 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > eldora format change