IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > eldora format change
9/26/16, 5:28 PM   #11
Re: eldora format change
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
Qualify midgets and Crown cars Friday and the Crown Semi if necessary. Keep WoO and Stock cars on card.
Saturday you only have to qualify two classes.
Where would you park everybody on Friday? It was pretty crowded Saturday. I am not for Sunday afternoon racing. Earl stopped it because it was not very good.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 9/26/16 at 5:33 PM.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge
9/26/16, 5:57 PM   #12
jim goerge

Not sure this would work either but run all winged cars on Friday and all Usac on SaturdayI know some people go only for the wings and others only like non wing so each will have their own nights, if you like both well you got a 2 day show

4 members like this post: dirt330, luckybuc97, tirespinner, treecitytornado
9/26/16, 6:18 PM   #13
Rapid Rick

I can remember some great racing on Sunday afternoon at the 4 crown. If they just run the semi and features; the track stays reasonably good and fans gets home before dark. Everybody always cites track conditions; but I have seen some mighty poor races at Eldora lately at night. Besides that, what other sporting event is scheduled knowing full well that to see it all you have to stay till the early morning hours?

9/26/16, 6:30 PM   #14
Sprintcarfanatic

Kinda like the Usac/Boss I was talking about. That would have to be co-sanctioned & show up points to get all the All Stars there. There were a few there Saturday that weren't there Friday.

As Far as a Sunday show we went to a Sunday show 1 time when the night before the Royal got rained out. Besides dirt you will have little chunks of rubber everywhere the dirt gets.

9/27/16, 12:46 AM   #15
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Keep all four classes. Run all prelims on Sat nite. B-mains and features on Sunday like it used to be.The track is not destroyed from 10 hours of constant running.You cannot run 125 high horsepower cars on a dirt track like Saturday nite and not expect problems.It is that simple. Oh, I forgot, we can't run during the day anymore.A vampire mentality exists among promoters and fans for some reason. The track would be bad if we ran in the day. HMMM, seems this thread is about that very problem.It reminds me of a old hockey quote from a coach.We can't win on the road and we can't win at home, my only failure as coach is finding another place to play.I think day and night are our only alternatives.It seems Eldora has the dust problem to a greater degree than anywhere else. I don't know the last time completely new clay was put in,but that could be one of the major problems.It is never good when you see Parents taking out their children and leaving. Biggest 4-crown crowd in years and this happens. Not a way to grow fanbase.
WHHHAAAAT?!?!?!? A dirt track fan complaining about dust???? You kidding me???

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
9/27/16, 1:26 AM   #16
dirtracer74

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
Qualify midgets and Crown cars Friday and the Crown Semi if necessary. Keep WoO and Stock cars on card.
Saturday you only have to qualify two classes.
So the midget and crown teams now have to buy two pit passes for the same purse? I just do not see how this could work. The idea is there, but you just increased the cost to those teams with pit passes, crew cost, lodging, and everything else. The winged 410's that race both days at least are racing two separate programs.

9/27/16, 4:27 AM   #17
flagboy55

You may have to buy 2 pit passes, but you also get to see the world of outlaws, which was very entertaining despite what our hard core inflexible non wingers might say. It's funny when I used to work at a track that was pretty much a local deal, they would occasionally bring in a big show and raise the back gate like a lot of tracks do. Well the regular support classes would belly ache about paying more but not getting any more back. But every damn one of them were watching the headline feature that night. Didn't even realize they got to watch a "special" and race too for 5 or ten dollars more

9/27/16, 6:29 AM   #18
kn16

get rid of wwo on Friday
Friday practice qualify heats
sat c b mains and features
sunday rain date makes the most sense too me
and if need be race woo on thurs
Last edited by kn16; 9/27/16 at 6:30 AM.

9/27/16, 10:47 AM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Honstly with no sugar coat?

I had no problem with the format whatsoever other than the poor planning on starting it on time and the scheduled start time being late for a show like that anyway.

If they'd started racing at six, They'd of been done at 11-12 a majority would have seen the whole thing and stayed for it. Hotlap and qualify them puppies at one or two. work the heck out of it.and run it off. (Which they did) just late on all counts.

I was actually impressed with the track once they started racing. It held up, at least till deep in the All Star feature.. Just felt like maybe one or two more tractors and a couple more packers would have made that two hour prep time a lot quicker. It dragged on forever, I seen em get it worked in after a rain quicker than that before.

I kinda feel he used USAC to show off his all stars and pad the gate. It's ok, It's Eldora, The wings were pretty good.

Just a worlds greatest dirt track with second rate planning. I kinda over reacted in my initial post as to never coming back, But I was not pleased getting home after 4am. Even many campers bailed.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/27/16 at 10:48 AM.

9/27/16, 12:17 PM   #20
kylezero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Honstly with no sugar coat?

I had no problem with the format whatsoever other than the poor planning on starting it on time and the scheduled start time being late for a show like that anyway.

If they'd started racing at six, They'd of been done at 11-12 a majority would have seen the whole thing and stayed for it. Hotlap and qualify them puppies at one or two. work the heck out of it.and run it off. (Which they did) just late on all counts.

I was actually impressed with the track once they started racing. It held up, at least till deep in the All Star feature.. Just felt like maybe one or two more tractors and a couple more packers would have made that two hour prep time a lot quicker. It dragged on forever, I seen em get it worked in after a rain quicker than that before.

I kinda feel he used USAC to show off his all stars and pad the gate. It's ok, It's Eldora, The wings were pretty good.

Just a worlds greatest dirt track with second rate planning. I kinda over reacted in my initial post as to never coming back, But I was not pleased getting home after 4am. Even many campers bailed.
one thing i saw that could of helped with the late show, park the crown cars up top, they would have only had to open the gate a couple times instead of all night long at 5 minutes or longer each time. since the crown cars didnt run heats it would of knocked at least an hour of the show. i understand the guys needing to get to cars and what not, just and idea?

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > eldora format change