IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 Awards at LPS
11/11/14, 12:58 PM   #1
2014 Awards at LPS
Deb Hayden

The awards night at Lincoln Park Speedway 2014, left a lot to be desired. My family has been active at LPS in one form or another for many, many years. We have worked for them, been spectators, and for many years, have been active racers there. (Red started racing when the track 1st opened in 1969) and we have always loved this track. We have been to wonderful Awards Banquets where these racers have been honored for their endless nights of hard work week after week, and for the enormous amounts of money spent on their cars from the bombers to the sprint cars...All for our enjoyment. So as for me, just saying their names, handing them a trophy at 1:00 in the morning, in the dark, after all of the fans have left...Doesn't say much, or show any appreciation to these drivers, crews or their families. Maybe the fans would have enjoyed seeing each driver receive their trophy...Maybe the fans would have enjoyed hearing the drivers thank them for their support in watching them week after week. This was the drivers night to shine but it was hard to do so in the dark. But for me, ALL the drivers, not just the top 10 in each class shine bright week after week.

11/11/14, 8:27 PM   #2
Re: 2014 Awards at LPS
old timer

Sounds like they did a bang up job from Bloomington,they didn't even notice or mention a top ten,top three only.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 Awards at LPS