IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Xtreme Outlaw Series - Exclusivity Clause?
1/27/22, 8:30 PM   #11
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
There is no contract or exclusive deal with the Xtreme Outlaw Series in 2022.
if not in 2022, when?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/27/22, 9:58 PM   #12
cshuman

Not sure if there will ever be one.

1/28/22, 10:17 AM   #13
flagboy55

In the big picture, I think the best we can hope for is these 2 series survive in a similar manner the way the Outlaws and Allstars coexist. That would be the best we could hope for. I still don’t see the need, but that’s just me. For the time being I still have Dirtvision so I’ll be watching anyway. Funny in spite of this series and me being a wingless first fan, it doesn’t make me feel my subscription is really any more valuable. I’ve yet to decide if I’ll re-up. I just hope it all plays out without any major casualties

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99, oppweld, spicoli
1/28/22, 10:23 AM   #14
dsc1600

I mean it’s 20+ extra shows with sprints and midgets, I realize not all are standalone shows but other than Pevely, none of these shows had wingless sprints and midgets on the card before.

DirtVision doesn’t have the variety of Flo but it’s got some high quality content.

3 members like this post: cshuman, oppweld, tirespinner
1/28/22, 1:38 PM   #15
Re: Xtreme Outlaw Series - Exclusivity Clause?
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
In the big picture, I think the best we can hope for is these 2 series survive in a similar manner the way the Outlaws and Allstars coexist. That would be the best we could hope for. I still don’t see the need, but that’s just me. For the time being I still have Dirtvision so I’ll be watching anyway. Funny in spite of this series and me being a wingless first fan, it doesn’t make me feel my subscription is really any more valuable. I’ve yet to decide if I’ll re-up. I just hope it all plays out without any major casualties
Same here...

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, tirespinner
1/29/22, 2:05 AM   #16
wideopen24

The addition of Xtreme has already brought multiple teams & drivers back from retirement &/or ready to retire status.

It’s brought in new partnerships, and new opportunities for teams to acquire funding.

Zero negatives from a car owner or drivers perspective…. Added sprint car / midget events, new venues, great purses, more coverage, all major series in cooperation…

DIRTVision AND Flo for a year, cost less then ONE nights tire bill for a team. Kept that in mind and support everything that keep teams on the road & providing the product.

1/29/22, 3:22 PM   #17
flagboy55

Yes, diluting a product always makes it better. Anyway, it’s never gonna happen but then I might get a little excited if it did. I’m sure any of the Outlaw teams must have full permission to shed the wings and join in with this series if it’s not conflicting, right?

1 member likes this post: jonboat15
1/29/22, 3:37 PM   #18
captrat

Keeping an open mind but there are potential negatives. In particular, as some have noted is the dilution of the product. USAC/CART/IRL, WoO/USA,and myriad examples in other sports have often not ended well for end user, the fan. Our part of motorsports already suffers from alphabet and acronym overload. Perhaps history will not repeat itself, but then again....

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/29/22, 4:48 PM   #19
dsc1600

The WoO/USA/NST deal didn’t work because both series were trying to run full schedules in the same geography. There’s not room for 150 plus big time sprint events at least not at the time.

This Xtreme series is supplemental to the USAC series at least for now. It’s going to places Usac hasn’t had success in and completely staying out of Indiana. I don’t think it’s diluting anything as of now.

5 members like this post: 95KART, Andrew S. Quinn, dkdorkboy, progressive22, tirespinner
2/3/22, 7:05 PM   #20
wideopen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Yes, diluting a product always makes it better. Anyway, it’s never gonna happen but then I might get a little excited if it did. I’m sure any of the Outlaw teams must have full permission to shed the wings and join in with this series if it’s not conflicting, right?
WoO teams do have permission to race with Xtreme.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Xtreme Outlaw Series - Exclusivity Clause?