IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Xtreme Outlaw Series - Exclusivity Clause?
1/26/22, 1:25 PM   #1
Xtreme Outlaw Series - Exclusivity Clause?
MBoersma

Does anyone know if the teams committing to WoO’s Xtreme Outlaw Series for 2022 are by contract restricted from participating in any USAC sprint car events this year?

3 members like this post: nathans1012, oppweld, tirespinner
1/26/22, 3:02 PM   #2
Re: Xtreme Outlaw Series - Exclusivity Clause?
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoersma View Post
Does anyone know if the teams committing to WoO’s Xtreme Outlaw Series for 2022 are by contract restricted from participating in any USAC sprint car events this year?
I would ask the question the other way also, is USAC restricting any of their teams from participating in Woo Xtreme Outlaw Series?

6 members like this post: duel, Ken Bonnema, nathans1012, oppweld, tirespinner, trackprep
1/26/22, 3:52 PM   #3
nodramazone20

With a limited number of races on the Extreme schedule, I do not believe that is going to happen. Now, the other way around????...Good question

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/26/22, 3:55 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

There is no way Stockon would have signed on if he couldn't run his MSCS Haubstadt races.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Eatin Dirt, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, racenut69
1/26/22, 4:09 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

I do think it is funny that the Outlaws are the most restrictive of any series, but needing cars from other series to have a field. I have defended them for that in the past. It is the reason they can have the most expensive show for a promoter. It's the only time you can see their stars. USAC should probably look at this.

1/26/22, 5:02 PM   #6
Kart#51

What leverage does USAC have? What can they take away?

You have to provide something of greater perceived value than what would be lost if you went elsewhere? Opportunity costs aren't high right now in USAC. These guys will go race for $1200 on a night off from the series.

This where the Outlaws are able to have a captive audience. Tow Money, 4 free pit passes, now increased purse for top 10 finishes for points following teams, drivers get sole merchandising at tracks, higher purses and points payouts....etc.

4 members like this post: captrat, chrismattlin, PIT CART, tirespinner
1/26/22, 5:16 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im not knocking anyone here. It has to start somewhere. But this series isn't what I expected from WRG. I seriously expected 10k to win and 1k to start shows. Also more diverse in tracks. Maybe some 20 or 30k shows, I know it's a start and I know Casey knows the biz inside and out. perhaps there is more to come.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, fish, OnTheHammer, RACrappieman
1/26/22, 5:40 PM   #8
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoersma View Post
My thoughts are with only 14 sprint car races & 12 midget races on the schedules I don't think they would restrict anyone from running USAC events in 2022 but going forward that might change if they double or triple their schedules in forwarding years.

Bruce Eckel

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, IndianaSprintFan, tirespinner
1/27/22, 8:38 AM   #9
deadhorse30

I doubt they will do anything like that now. They can do that with WoO because they are the big dog with the best teams. That's not the case here. USAC could actually hurt the new series by implementing a rule like this. Won't be surprised if something like this pops up later.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/27/22, 6:59 PM   #10
cshuman

There is no contract or exclusive deal with the Xtreme Outlaw Series in 2022.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Xtreme Outlaw Series - Exclusivity Clause?