IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC’s Bonus Bucks
1/25/22, 1:17 PM   #11
Re: USAC’s Bonus Bucks
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhorse30 View Post
Honestly, I see this as a non issue. This is simply a gimmick by USAC because they know they'll never have to pay it out. The triple has only happened twice and is incredibly hard to accomplish. To have the quality of ride and the successful seasons in multiple divisions like is probably not going to happen.
Just what I was thinking.... kinda like the "Front Row Challenge"...... only happened once & now they dropped it cause nobody's dumb enough to try it

1/25/22, 1:53 PM   #12
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Seems like any arrangements made between driver and car owner would be similar to how they would split up the purse payouts for, say a feature win. There's never officially a separate payout for driver and owner but there's always some sort of agreement made between the 2 parties (i.e., the traditional "60/40" split).
Agreed, except for fact that we are now talking about owners (plural) vs. a single owner. I am not aware of any owners that have cars that compete in all races in all three divisions, not to mention drivers that may drive for different owners in the same series. Again, all I am saying is this program seems to reward only the drivers with little or no consideration for the owner who puts up the resources for the entire program with his maximum tangible reward being 50-60% of the purse.

Tim Simmons

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
1/25/22, 3:24 PM   #13
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Agreed, except for fact that we are now talking about owners (plural) vs. a single owner. I am not aware of any owners that have cars that compete in all races in all three divisions, not to mention drivers that may drive for different owners in the same series. Again, all I am saying is this program seems to reward only the drivers with little or no consideration for the owner who puts up the resources for the entire program with his maximum tangible reward being 50-60% of the purse.

Tim Simmons
I thought of that too Tim but I think you answered your own question; if an owner doesn't pony up to field cars in all 3 divisions then the bonus rightly goes to the driver. But let's say Emerson Axom decides to give it a go and CMR backs him by adding a couple of Champ Cars to the stable; in that case Tim would be silly not to have Emmo sign a contract stipulating an equitable distribution of funds.
Again, all highly speculative and a lofty goal but hey, Smoke did it, JJ did it. It's still possible, even if remotely.
Anyone ever call E.A. Emmo before? Sounds like a good nickname to me if not...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: erich45
1/25/22, 4:07 PM   #14
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Anyone ever call E.A. Emmo before? Sounds like a good nickname to me if not...
No, they haven't. And as far as I'm concerned, Emmo is an old Brazilian man who holds 2 F1 titles, a CART title and 2 Indy 500 wins.

6 members like this post: chrismattlin, ISF, jjones752, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART
1/25/22, 6:23 PM   #15
jjones752

Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
No, they haven't. And as far as I'm concerned, Emmo is an old Brazilian man who holds 2 F1 titles, a CART title and 2 Indy 500 wins.
Yeah, maybe he should be the only one, but the kid's got talent, who knows where he may end up.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1/26/22, 2:25 PM   #16
WinglessLovers

Race Count Last Year: 85

My problem with this whole bonus is the fact that if I read this right it will be less than $300,000 given this excerpt from the USAC release, "Any driver who can capture all three USAC National driving championships in 2022 – Silver Crown, AMSOIL National Sprint Car and NOS Energy Drink National Midget – will earn a staggering $300,000 with the inclusion of their base payout.

Doesn't this mean that if you run with and win the three championships in 2022 you get $300,000 minus the purse money you won for the year?? To me, not as impressive!!

Bruce Eckel

1 member likes this post: erich45
1/26/22, 3:04 PM   #17
richie

Winning all 3 championships is $100,000 + $200,000 bonus = $300,000 in winnings.

Winning 2 of the 3 championships is $75,000 + $75,000 bonus = $150,000 in winnings.

1/26/22, 3:20 PM   #18
WinglessLovers

Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Winning all 3 championships is $100,000 + $200,000 bonus = $300,000 in winnings.

Winning 2 of the 3 championships is $75,000 + $75,000 bonus = $150,000 in winnings.
Richie,

Help me understand your reply. Is the $100,000 for 3 and the $75,000 for two the point title winnings plus the bonus?? It is not winnings during the year deducted from the total awards?

Bruce Eckel

1/26/22, 3:21 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
My problem with this whole bonus is the fact that if I read this right it will be less than $300,000 given this excerpt from the USAC release, "Any driver who can capture all three USAC National driving championships in 2022 – Silver Crown, AMSOIL National Sprint Car and NOS Energy Drink National Midget – will earn a staggering $300,000 with the inclusion of their base payout.

Doesn't this mean that if you run with and win the three championships in 2022 you get $300,000 minus the purse money you won for the year?? To me, not as impressive!!

Bruce Eckel
If I read it right, It included the champions share of each class. So it's not 300k plus the champions share of each class.

1/26/22, 3:37 PM   #20
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
Richie,

Help me understand your reply. Is the $100,000 for 3 and the $75,000 for two the point title winnings plus the bonus?? It is not winnings during the year deducted from the total awards?

Bruce Eckel
If a driver can win all 3 championships, that is $100,000. In addition to that, if a driver can win all 3 championships, they will earn an additional $200,000. That is $300,000 total.

If a driver can win 2 of the 3 championships, that is $75,000. In addition to that, if a driver can win 2 championships, they will earn an additional $75,000. That is $150,000 total.

4 members like this post: 95KART, BrentTFunk, jdull99, WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC’s Bonus Bucks