Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belle-Clair
1/26/22, 7:00 PM   #21
Re: Belle-Clair
racenut69

I remember the washtub beer guy also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
My first recollection of racing is at Belle Clair in the 60's. We and hundreds of others rooted for Dandy Don's 28 coupe. Pits in the infield. No fire suits. Standing starts. Flagman down on the track. There was always a car being welded on. The beer guy pushed around a cart with a wash tub full of beer cans and ice. I'm thinking Allied raced three nights back then. We had to pick between burgers and fries at Sandys or racing on Friday nights. Racing normally won. It looks like they didn't pay property tax last year and the tax bill was auctioned off.

2 members like this post: sw1911, tirespinner
1/27/22, 12:41 PM   #22
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
Rumors that a serious amount of back taxes are owed,but I doubt we will ever know?
Do you know who owes the back taxes? I doubt the fair has to pay any. is it the former promoter?

3 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner, TQ29m
1/27/22, 4:45 PM   #23
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Do you know who owes the back taxes? I doubt the fair has to pay any. is it the former promoter?
You can go to the St Clair County property records and see the unpaid tax and the entity that bought the unpaid tax bill. The tax bills are sent to the fairgrounds corporation.

https://stclairil.devnetwedge.com/pa...270315017/2021

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner
2/23/22, 12:45 PM   #24
B99

The Belle-Clair Fairgrounds aren't owned by the city, county or state. It is privately owned by a group of individuals Those people makeup what is known as the Belle-Clair Fairboard. It is theirs to sell and they set the price. I've heard they wanted anywhere from 1.3 to 1.5 million for it. If someone did purchase it, then they still have to work with the city on racing there again. Unless there is a contract in place, the property owner is responsible for property taxes. Governments here do not bill a lessee of property but the property owner.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belle-Clair