IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Gregg (Offline)
  #1 7/13/20 8:22 PM
4 time Indy 500 starter and one of the few alive that drove a roadster in the 500.

RIP Chuck.

https://racer.com/2020/07/13/chuck-h...ied-at-age-93/
14 Likes: Blackduce, Bostonian, dirtball, duel, EBookerFan, jim goerge, motorhead748, opnwhlmnd, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ29m, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #2 7/15/20 10:06 AM
I think it's just Foyt, Bobby Unser, Rutherford, Parnelli, and Don Edmunds left that ran a roadster at Indy. Can anyone think of anyone else?
3 Likes: EBookerFan, Gregg, tirespinner
Hubie (Offline)
  #3 7/17/20 4:31 AM
Gordon Johncock ran a roadster his rookie year in 1965.... but these guys are leaving for sure. Chuck Weyant lived a very long time over in Springfield Illinois but I believe he has passed as well. Even though he never made the race, Ralph Ligouri is still around. To distinguish this even more, Ralph had a lot of laps in the Novi! He is a personal friend of mine and I wish he would let me record some of our conversations. Sadly, he won't, does not feel that his story is worthy of a book! Ralph is a treasure!
9 Likes: addictedtodirt, EBookerFan, Gregg, i love dirt track racing, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, stp6237, tirespinner, TQ29m
Gregg (Offline)
  #4 7/17/20 9:23 AM
Paul Goldsmith raced a roadster in the 500 six times.
2 Likes: EBookerFan, tirespinner
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #5 7/17/20 12:42 PM
Speaking of Parnelli, does anyone know how he’s doing? is he out of the wheelchair now?

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing