Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing at Kokomo tonight
9/3/16, 11:19 AM   #21
Re: Racing at Kokomo tonight
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch138 View Post
Why has max not been running the family car? Thought he was doing good in that ride
Spoke with Justin Grant at Smackdown. Said Max was burned out from running all year and also wanted to do some things with his friends at school. Believe it is his senior year and maybe he doesn't want to miss out on some high school memories. I know it might be hard for us die hard race fans to believe that but high school only comes once. As well as Grant is running now it might be difficult for dad to ask Grant to step out.

Bruce Eckel

3 members like this post: bighd0522, interpreter66, PIT CART
9/3/16, 11:37 AM   #22
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushinthecushin View Post
Nice to see Cole Smith ($1000) and Hunter O'Neal ($500) get some bonus money.
For anybody not there last night. O'neal had a transfer spot just about locked up in his heat when a yellow came out w/ just a few laps to go. He had about 3 cars on 4th running Welpott at that time. Restart caused a bit of a shuffle getting though 1&2. Props to Hunter though; He drove that thing hard into 3 on the last lap trying to get his spot back! Just happened to loop it.

Thank you to all the drivers and teams but especially those that made their first run at Kokomo last night. I don't care where you finish, I don't care where you normally run. If you strap into to one of those things you're a bad@$$ in my book! It was AWESOME getting to see you run.

9/3/16, 12:04 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Had a good time, Some great racing. Third heat had a major battle royal going on.

Not trying to start a controversy or drama, I thought the 25 Smith? was a gasser and impressed me all night and totally deserving.. But Able was first non transfer in both his heat and consi???????? Don't understand the judging on that one or how he missed the top three in that award.. Oh well. Like I said, I was just wondering.

9/3/16, 12:20 PM   #24
Tim Clauson

I could not agree any more.

To the drivers and teams who showed up to Kokomo for the first time I can not tell you how much that meant to all of us. As much as Bryan got to race all over the world he had such an appreciation for the drivers who would step out of their comfort zone and chase new challenges, his tackling the wing world was a testament to that. He would of been proud of so much last night but nothing more then the guys who #GTATK for the first time.

Just a note on Hunter O'neal in the that heat race he drove an absolute great race and while battling for that transfer spot he gave it everything he had. I could be wrong but it looked like when he got in under whoever it was he turned the car to spin to avoid contact. This struck me because when Bryan first started in sprint cars Tony Elliott once told him that his job early in his career was to earn respect and one way of doing that was if you are in a position that you are going to wreck someone do all you can to only involve yourself. Bryan took that to heart and I believe that was one of the reasons he drove with such respect and on several nights especially early we rode home with a crashed race car for solo accidents.

If I had been thinking Hunters move in the heat race to avoid contact would of been my pick for the move of the race because of all the great moves made last night and there were tons that might of been the one that exemplified Bryan the driver and Bryan the person.

Can not wait to follow all the drivers as they continue their climb up the racing ladder.

Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
For anybody not there last night. O'neal had a transfer spot just about locked up in his heat when a yellow came out w/ just a few laps to go. He had about 3 cars on 4th running Welpott at that time. Restart caused a bit of a shuffle getting though 1&2. Props to Hunter though; He drove that thing hard into 3 on the last lap trying to get his spot back! Just happened to loop it.

Thank you to all the drivers and teams but especially those that made their first run at Kokomo last night. I don't care where you finish, I don't care where you normally run. If you strap into to one of those things you're a bad@$$ in my book! It was AWESOME getting to see you run.

9/3/16, 12:56 PM   #25
rg1

Drew Abel was not eligable, only drivers making their first career start at Kokomo where eligable for BC's #GYATK Challenge.
Attached Images
Screenshot_2016-09-03-11-52-33.jpg (325.8 KB, 43 views)
Last edited by rg1; 9/3/16 at 12:59 PM.

9/3/16, 1:26 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg1 View Post
Drew Abel was not eligable, only drivers making their first career start at Kokomo where eligable for BC's #GYATK Challenge.
Thanks, I was unsure if he'd ever been. Thanks

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing at Kokomo tonight