IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why is Knoxville 50 laps
8/12/16, 4:29 PM   #21
Re: Why is Knoxville 50 laps
david mitchell
Banned

I thank everyone for their opinion. Here is mine. I believe the powers that be at Knoxville were getting a little bored with with Donny winning every year.Therefore, they thought by making it 50 laps other cars would get an open red to adjust their cars,possibly paving the way for someone to beat him.Instead, it played to his strength. If he is not right at the start he now can adjust at the break.The guys that work on that car are better than Karl Kinser used to be with Steve.Give them a chance to adjust, you might as well forget about it.Personally, I have no problem with the fuel break per se other than it goes against the essence of the sport. Only fuel at the break, no working on cars.You have what you have at the start. Donny will still win though. He is so far ahead of everyone else there in his ability to read the track and adjust the others will always run for second. Anyone want to bet against him on Saturday.

8/12/16, 7:50 PM   #22
dorsettracing10

Lol .. That was actually a good repost ... No just saying Knoxville has been good at the 50 ... The bigger fuel tank could work but the stop at 25 gives the crew members a big part of the race which is actually exciting

8/12/16, 7:54 PM   #23
flatout

Is USAC still throwing the competition yellow on lap 50 on the mile tracks to allow tire changes?

8/12/16, 7:57 PM   #24
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsettracing10 View Post
Lol .. That was actually a good repost ... No just saying Knoxville has been good at the 50 ... The bigger fuel tank could work but the stop at 25 gives the crew members a big part of the race which is actually exciting
Back in the day, the red saved Kinser more than once by allowing Karl to work his magic. Part of me misses the days of open reds.

2 members like this post: tirespinner, treecitytornado
8/13/16, 8:17 AM   #25
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
I am beginning to feel much of these sentiments are based upon generational differences and a lack of knowledge by some.
Then you would know that the Knoxville Nationals originally wasn't a sprint car race, but a supermodified race. Times change, cars and events evolve. Get over it.

1 member likes this post: TQ97
8/13/16, 10:54 AM   #26
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoPA View Post
Then you would know that the Knoxville Nationals originally wasn't a sprint car race, but a supermodified race. Times change, cars and events evolve. Get over it.
The tone of your retort is probably more suited to that other forum where one can vent personal venom as thoughtful opinion.

1 member likes this post: maddog53
8/13/16, 11:25 AM   #27
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
The tone of your retort is probably more suited to that other forum where one can vent personal venom as thoughtful opinion.
Not at all, but don't lament changes to a format that has gone through revisions(including the cars) and blame a younger generation for a "lack of knowledge"

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
8/13/16, 12:04 PM   #28
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
What's with that Little 500 sprint car race? Don't they know that they're called sprint cars for a reason? Off with their heads!!!
I'm all for that ! sarcasm or no

8/14/16, 12:27 AM   #29
dsc1600

Once again the 50 lapper produces an amazing race. Jason Johnson and Schatz waged an incredible battle. So happy for Jason.

8/14/16, 12:47 AM   #30
sapper211

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Once again the 50 lapper produces an amazing race. Jason Johnson and Schatz waged an incredible battle. So happy for Jason.
Maybe the best nationals in recent memory. Sliders, lead changes, on the cushion, bottom feeders, Larson passed 20 cars, what a race!! Congrats to the ragin' cajun!

4 members like this post: flatout, jjsprt92, maddog53, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why is Knoxville 50 laps