IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi Jones Done For Season
8/29/12, 7:08 PM   #1
Levi Jones Done For Season
Rogue-9

Courtesy of IBRACN.com:
LEVI IS LAID UP
8/29/2012

FACT - (8-29-12 @ 12:38 pm) - Levi Jones is calling it a season. Levi has been dealing with neck pain resulting from having three herniated discs in his neck. Recently, Levi spent a day with surgeons to get evaluated and it was determined that surgery can't be put off any longer. Surgery is scheduled for next week with a expected recovery of 12 weeks, thus ending his 2012 campaign.

Currently, Levi is leading the USAC National Sprint Car points by 26 points over Jon Stanbrough. This lead was cut down after last weekends incident involving him and Stanbrough. I wasn't there so I don't know what happened but from what I'm reading, Levi got together with Jon and both went for a ride. This accident gathered a couple of other drivers sending Robert Ballou to the hospital with back pain and a concussion.

USAC announced that Levi would be docked 25 points and put on probation for the rest of the season. Reports are that Levi purposfully took out Jon for running him up the track but whatever the reason, USAC felt it necessary to act on the accident and punish Levi and the TSR Motorsports #20 race team.

8/29/12, 7:10 PM   #2
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Yeah yeah yeah excuses

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: AustinSprinter, jim goerge, JON'S MOM, mayor31, SPD 37, stanfan
8/29/12, 7:16 PM   #3
mayor31

Wonder if they will put anyone in the seat to keep owner points going? Personally dont care but would love to see Tony put someone in the seat to show there talent. Possibly a young Chase Stockton or someone like that. Jmo

Posted via Mobile Device

8/29/12, 7:17 PM   #4
Re: Levi Jones Done For Season
Rogue-9

Wonder if Tony will give anyone else an opportunity in the 20 car for rest of season. Could a certain 20 year old be in the car for a few races? Pure speculation, but it would be cool to see.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
8/29/12, 7:17 PM   #5
PIT CART

Another post saying "I wasn't there" but here's what happened.
Get well Levi.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: billwill7, Jimmydiesel
8/29/12, 7:20 PM   #6
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor31 View Post
Wonder if they will put anyone in the seat to keep owner points going? Personally dont care but would love to see Tony put someone in the seat to show there talent. Possibly a young Chase Stockton or someone like that. Jmo

Posted via Mobile Device
wow, you beat me to it.

---------- Post added at 7:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:18 PM ----------

Chase Stockon wasn't who I was thinking of. but that would be cool to.

---------- Post added at 7:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Another post saying "I wasn't there" but here's what happened.
Get well Levi.

Posted via Mobile Device
Well, Ibracn didn't actually post here, I just pasted this from their website.

8/29/12, 7:28 PM   #7
Illini8

Stewart probably will shut down the team for the season

8/29/12, 7:48 PM   #8
Jim Halpert

Why have I not heard of these lingering problems before? All I can say is Go Dave!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Brakeline, K-Dawg30
8/29/12, 8:02 PM   #9
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Halpert View Post
Why have I not heard of these lingering problems before? All I can say is Go Dave!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
In all fairness, I arrived about an hour and a half before hot laps on Thursday and the story was already going around the pits about Levi having neck pain, due to bulging discs. Nobody said anything, however, about him ending his season four days after Smackdown was over.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
8/29/12, 8:09 PM   #10
billw

would be nice if tony at least offered the ride to ballou

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi Jones Done For Season