IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interesting Wabash Valley Fairground fact
8/17/20, 4:05 PM   #1
Interesting Wabash Valley Fairground fact
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I had heard rumors recently that the Fairground property is privately owned and doesn't receive support from any government entity. That is indeed a fact, as I found out during a casual conversation with an employee of the fairgrounds. It is not owned by any one person, but rather a group of twenty or so. The money recently collected from parking fees is going to be spent on an additional ten lights in the turn three-four area.
In regards to the lack of handrails in the grandstand, I was told that the group probably have written a not responsible for any injury, attend at your own risk clause into their contract.
As for the racing program itself, it wasn't bad, but dust and the low angle of the sun at certain points made it difficult to see. No problem with social distancing due to the size of the crowd. I even saw a few masks.

6 members like this post: duel, EBookerFan, jim goerge, oppweld, racegal, Rapid Rick
8/17/20, 4:30 PM   #2
Racer12

Where is this?

Bob

8/17/20, 4:31 PM   #3
Re: Interesting Wabash Valley Fairground fact
Andrew S. Quinn

Terre Haute

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
8/17/20, 6:09 PM   #4
Racer12

Ok, that is the Vigo Co fairgrounds.

Bob

8/17/20, 6:21 PM   #5
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Good to hear they are investing $$$ into the race track. I surely needs it. I hope they will consider improvements to the sound system. You can barely hear anything as you get towards the 4th turn.

Thanks for the updates.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge
8/17/20, 6:21 PM   #6
trackenterprises

It's the Wabash Valley Fairgrounds which holds the Vigo County Fair. A lot to remember!

5 members like this post: EBookerFan, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, ronmil
8/17/20, 7:01 PM   #7
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I had heard rumors recently that the Fairground property is privately owned and doesn't receive support from any government entity. That is indeed a fact, as I found out during a casual conversation with an employee of the fairgrounds. It is not owned by any one person, but rather a group of twenty or so. The money recently collected from parking fees is going to be spent on an additional ten lights in the turn three-four area.
In regards to the lack of handrails in the grandstand, I was told that the group probably have written a not responsible for any injury, attend at your own risk clause into their contract.
As for the racing program itself, it wasn't bad, but dust and the low angle of the sun at certain points made it difficult to see. No problem with social distancing due to the size of the crowd. I even saw a few masks.

Found out the surprising ownership structure 2 years ago.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, ronmil
8/17/20, 9:04 PM   #8
Rapid Rick

Thanks for posting this Ron. Don't feel so bad paying that $5 parking fee. As long as the Action Track outlives me I will be a happy race fan.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, ronmil, spicoli
8/17/20, 9:17 PM   #9
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Rick View Post
Thanks for posting this Ron. Don't feel so bad paying that $5 parking fee. As long as the Action Track outlives me I will be a happy race fan.
Actually I didn’t pay it because it was not being collected when I arrived.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Josh Spencer, Ken Bonnema
8/18/20, 10:17 AM   #10
B99

There is more than one county fair in Illinois that is privately run.

1 member likes this post: ddracing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interesting Wabash Valley Fairground fact