IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
KingRandomUser (Offline)
  #11 6/30/19 8:29 PM
For the record, they started 30 minutes early anyways. Racing at TSS almost always starts at 7:30 CST. And it's 7:30 right now.
BigWheel7 (Offline)
  #12 6/30/19 8:42 PM
Originally Posted by KingRandomUser:
For the record, they started 30 minutes early anyways. Racing at TSS almost always starts at 7:30 CST. And it's 7:30 right now.
Started hot laps 30 minutes early, correct. Racing was still slated for 7:30, per usual.

Weather delay. Track hasn’t posted officially but lots of haulers are leaving. Edit: officially cancelled now.

Man, I wish they could of got this race in.

Shawn Wheeler II
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #13 6/30/19 9:13 PM
Originally Posted by ryan84:
I'm the biggest Tri State fan, but this is BS. We should be racing right now instead of seeing tractors with all this rain and storms coming. 30 mins could definitely make the difference,let's get racing dang it!!!!!
30 minutes was not going to make a difference. Tommy prepares the track the way others should take notes. Your probably one that gripes if the track isn't prepped, and one that gripes if it takes too long. Bottom line was the way the storm came no matter how fast they tried to move, it wasn't gonna happen.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
10 Likes: bigsby, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, rclaridge, Rpracing1, skids59, tirespinner, TNRustler, trackprep
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #14 6/30/19 9:18 PM
Originally Posted by Crankin:
So last night we wait for one driver to show up, and throw the checkered flag at 1:30 in the morning.
Now, we have a massive storm barreling your way, so we do track prep, intermission, and opening ceremonies?

It's wonder anyone goes to races anymore.
Last night at Joliet was a debacle. Tonight it's not the tracks fault. I've never been to a race where they've skipped opening ceremonies. Helfrich was preparing for a race and was going to give us the best possible, but no matter how fast they went it wasn't going to happen. My suggestion is next time there is a 10% or better chance of rain you stay home.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
4 Likes: Jerry Shaw, Rpracing1, skids59, trackprep
ryan84 (Offline)
  #15 6/30/19 9:34 PM
Man you can kiss my butt. I drive 2 hours 45 minutes to this track for 90% of their races. Like I said I am the one of the biggest supporters of this track. When looking at radar it showed being here at 915, so 30 minutes would have made a difference.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #16 6/30/19 10:01 PM
So last night we wait for one driver to show up, and throw the checkered flag at 1:30 in the morning.
Now, we have a massive storm barreling your way, so we do track prep, intermission, and opening ceremonies?

Guess what. If you were running late and missed first 3 heats cause they started early you would be throwing the biggest pissing fit ever. Get a life and grow some. By the way, they don't call it intermission before the event starts. SMH.............
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, skids59, trackprep
BigWheel7 (Offline)
  #17 6/30/19 10:04 PM

Ohhh who did they wait for last night?

Shawn Wheeler II
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #18 6/30/19 10:09 PM
Man you can kiss my butt. I drive 2 hours 45 minutes to this track for 90% of their races. Like I said I am the one of the biggest supporters of this track. When looking at radar it showed being here at 915, so 30 minutes would have made a difference.
30 minutes make no difference. Rainy for hours. Geesh......
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, skids59
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #19 6/30/19 10:26 PM
How bout we meet and have a beer. I’ll tell you where I sit, but I promise I won’t kiss your butt. It’s just after 9:20 Haubstadt time now. No matter what your weather prediction said, 30 minutes was not going to make difference. It started raining at 7:25, I’m not following your logic.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
4 Likes: luckybuc97, nathans1012, Rpracing1, skids59
ryan84 (Offline)
  #20 6/30/19 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
How bout we meet and have a beer. I’ll tell you where I sit, but I promise I won’t kiss your butt. It’s just after 9:20 Haubstadt time now. No matter what your weather prediction said, 30 minutes was not going to make difference. It started raining at 7:25, I’m not following your logic.
I'll be there sprint week section c, would love to buy you a beer. I love this track and always sing its praises. Just simply thought tonight might have been a good night to get racing instead of track prep. Either way the biggest loser in this is Tommy, and I hate it for him. Hopefully sunny skys the rest of the year for Tri State.