IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2019 Knoxville Schedule
9/20/18, 7:40 PM   #11
dsc1600

I think with them taking the week off the week before because of the Jackson Nationals, they didn’t want to take 2 weeks off for the 410s. The outlaws are usually at Cedar Lake that weekend anyway and the car counts for the 410s are usually pretty low. I don’t think it’ll take anything away from the event.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, jim goerge, PIT CART
9/20/18, 8:29 PM   #12
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

That time of the season no telling who might drop in, could have a celebrity surprise either night. The USAC race should be dynamite. Great weekend for sure.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, oppweld, texas red
9/21/18, 10:57 PM   #13
huskermudd

Have went to the USAC show the last 2 years great show can't wait till next July

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, oppweld
9/21/18, 11:12 PM   #14
Re: 2019 Knoxville Schedule

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

they had 360's and 305's with them back in June. Track was fine all night and wingless racing was excellent.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, luckybuc97, Stephen Cording
9/23/18, 12:32 AM   #15
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I've been pissed about this all day. I consider it a slap in the face to non-wing fans and drivers to have 410 wings on championship night. It takes away from the prestige of it supposedly being considered a non-wing "Nationals" in my opinion. They should have booked the IRA Wingless guys instead as a support class or none at all and ran it the week before...against the Jackson Nationals. USAC night this season was against it and they still had a good crowd.
They prepare the track one way and it is for winged cars. Hopefully they take the time to make it special and maybe interview the heat winners before pushing off the next race and staging the A-main on the track with cars in a line facing the crowd diagonally on the front stretch. This was how they staged every Saturday night back in the good old days of non-wing.

4 members like this post: captrat, duel, ISF, oppweld
9/23/18, 3:27 AM   #16
tdt636

That's been the date of the Bill Gardner Sprintacular since it started. I'll be at LPS that weekend

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, racefan20
9/24/18, 1:02 AM   #17
revjimk

Sounds good to me... best of both worlds

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55
9/25/18, 12:27 PM   #18
Kart#51

The local fan base is quite selective. They like what they like and that is winged sprint cars. The track needs to keep the local fan base engaged for this weekend to keep them paying the front gate and to make it a financial success. If they don't, it won't happen again especially with the amount of money they are putting up.

I wouldn't anticipate the crowd being much bigger than a regular event for the weekend. The Lucas Oil Nationals only draws 8-10 thousand fans, which is only a 50% increase over a regular show

Take the good with "evil", in your case, but be thankful they are going back to Knoxville to race and for more money than anywhere else on the schedule.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, PIT CART
9/25/18, 8:43 PM   #19
Pat O'Connor Fan

Some years ago I went there for a CRA event, with the regulars running also. On a rare occasion I let my alligator jaws overload my tadpole fanny -- did a good job of it that night!! When the regulars were called for their preliminary events, I stood and loudly told my wife that I was "going to the crapper while these Iowa street stocks run" Almost did not get to the end of the aisle 'cause the local fans failed to see the humor in my comment!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, ISF
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2019 Knoxville Schedule