IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An open letter to Tony Stewart,
7/30/08, 9:21 PM   #11
Re: An open letter to Tony Stewart,
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
Dear Mr. Stewart,

Were you ever a human being? Did you ever have a conscience? What happened to you that turned you into this thing that you have become? You will be barely a footnote in human history 50 years from now, but you live as though you are some immortal that has come to bless us all with your aggression, violence and sexism. Do you have a mortal soul? If so, do you care about it? Have you sought spiritual counsel of some kind? If not, please do so soon; if not your own sake, for the thousands who look up to you.

Sincerely yours,

Deanna Lynn Erickson
Indianapolis, IN
:loser:

I couldn't find one that gives you the #1 salute. After being able to be around Tony at Ft. Wayne and seeing how he reacts and interacts with fans and the persistent mobs of fans always in his face about wanting this autographed or a photo taken before the race I'd say Tony has a right to blow up every now and then.

Give the guy a rest. Why don't we put you under the microscope and watch your every move and see how you react.

7/30/08, 9:36 PM   #12
deannalynn

I've taken the liberty to address a few of the logical fallacy(ies) presented by some posting in the Tony Stewart "love-fest". Perhaps logical statements will give more credibility to the "Reach-arounds for Tony Club"

-Attacking me personally is an ad hominem fallacy (argument against the man for those who don't understand latin)

-Comparing Mr. Stewart to AJ Foyt in order to give credibility to your argument is a "straw man" fallacy, or even a red herring.

-Presenting evidence of charitable work does not negate the fact that he assaulted a USAC official. While he does good work, discussing this in the context of this discussion is to throw out a red herring.

-To acknowledge that you've been blessed by his presence at the indoor midget races only proves evidence of your bias.

Philosophers have indentified over a hundred logical fallacies of argument, and these are just a few examples. I look forward to identifying more as there has been a great bounty of nonsense thus far!

Your friend,

Deanna Lynn

7/30/08, 9:40 PM   #13
Pat O'Connor Fan

Methinks the woman who initiated this thread has some serious issues for which she really needs help.

7/30/08, 9:44 PM   #14
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

This has been said before, but Stewart and Bob Knight are pretty much the same person. They both do good and bad things. Thing is the bad stuff is all we ever see or hear about. Neither of them really care if people know the good they do...which is a lot. Both do plenty of things they shouldn't do as well. I'm not saying doing good things is a pass to do bad things once in a while. However, the good far out weighs the bad...like either of them or not.

To question as to whether he is a human being is a LITTLE too far IMO. I would call that a logical fallacy. I think you can back the tears and drama down just a couple notches. :crying: He does more in charity work than almost anybody. He does do stupid things from time to time, but I don't think I'd question if he was human or not.

7/30/08, 9:56 PM   #15
Joey Woods

Quote:
Dear Mr. Stewart,

Were you ever a human being? Did you ever have a conscience? What happened to you that turned you into this thing that you have become? You will be barely a footnote in human history 50 years from now, but you live as though you are some immortal that has come to bless us all with your aggression, violence and sexism. Do you have a mortal soul? If so, do you care about it? Have you sought spiritual counsel of some kind? If not, please do so soon; if not your own sake, for the thousands who look up to you.

Sincerely yours,

Deanna Lynn Erickson
Indianapolis, IN
:rolling:rolling:rolling:rolling That's the funniest **** I have ever read on here. I did not know he was a sexist, I guess I like him even more now. Hey lady, since you're so high and mighty with the lord why don't you take the energy you put into bashing Tony and do something posetive for your mortal soul? What's that book say about thou shalt not... oh yea I remember. God bless you judgemental lady.

7/30/08, 9:57 PM   #16
miledirt

Tony screwed up, he admitted he screwed up, he'll pay the fine...

Let's move on

7/30/08, 10:04 PM   #17
BuckWheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn
Do you have a mortal soul?
This idiotic line was my personal fav!
What pompous moron would even think anything like that, much less post it?

The insults that are running through my head right are just screaming for me to let them out! But I will not stoop to the level that I sooo would like to!

I will just say this, why don't you go cook something, do a little laundry, iron a mans shirt, or better yet,
go take some Midol and post something nice in the morning!

Now I feel better!

:kookoo

7/30/08, 10:08 PM   #18
Peter Griffin

I am gonna say a few things about this post. I dont believe Tony ever thought he was immortal. We all know he has a consience his charitable work shows that. He is human he bleeds and breathes like the rest of us do. Tony will be more than a footnote in racing history he will be in at least 4 halls of fame when he retires finally. I think you see frustration as violence every person has the right to be frustrated. The only person that needs to be worried about his mortal soul is Tony himself so maybe you need to just need to relax a little. In the long run this is not gonna have any effect on Tonys fans at all.

7/30/08, 10:08 PM   #19
bobO

now thats a great reply

7/30/08, 10:17 PM   #20
TQ97

Quote:
Dear Mr. Stewart,

Sincerely yours,

Deanna Lynn Erickson
Indianapolis, IN

You must of missed the segment on ESPN last week of his time with the terminally ill 8 yr old boy (I bet he does far more of these than we know about), or not noticed that he has given millions of dollars to various charities, or forgot that he gives back to his roots by owning open wheel tracks and teams.

If you don't like Tony and his "moods", that's fine. I've known him before he was famous, and those of us who know him like that, know 3 things. He'll do just about anything for a friend, he's there to win regardless whether its a NASCAR race, go kart race, or wiffle ball, and he's never changed a bit. Yes, that's right, there were temper tantrums and bad moods 20 years ago.

No one's perfect and with TS you take the good with the bad. If you're sitting around waiting for him to change, go ahead and hold your breath waiting for it. In the meantime Ms. Perfect, spare us the psychobabble BS. :moon:

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An open letter to Tony Stewart,