IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Funfest
10/6/09, 6:53 PM   #1
Lawrenceburg Funfest
HoosierDirt

who's all going to funfest this weekend ...looks like rain on friday i hope there wrong

10/6/09, 7:09 PM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg Funfest
TBrown

My kids and I are going, maybe even my Husband! (This is more my thing than his.) We can't make it until Sat though. It's definitely an experience!

10/6/09, 7:22 PM   #3
Smitty

We hope to have a bunch of the MMSA cars there for the mini sprint races.

10/6/09, 8:35 PM   #4
slide22

Undecided yet. Hoping for rain on Friday so we don't have to come down for one night just for hotlaps and heat races

10/6/09, 8:46 PM   #5
Sandy Lowe

Friday is Odd/Even Features not Heats. 75%-80% of the drivers in the Saturday Night Specials transfer from the Odd/Even Features. If you don't transfer from the Odd/Evens then you run a Heat on Saturday (and only the winner transfers). If you make it to the Saturday Night Special you are locked into the Feature on Sunday. If you are not in the Saturday Night Special you have to run a C or B Main Sunday to race your way into the Feature.
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 10/6/09 at 8:48 PM.

10/6/09, 10:13 PM   #6
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
Friday is Odd/Even Features not Heats. 75%-80% of the drivers in the Saturday Night Specials transfer from the Odd/Even Features. If you don't transfer from the Odd/Evens then you run a Heat on Saturday (and only the winner transfers). If you make it to the Saturday Night Special you are locked into the Feature on Sunday. If you are not in the Saturday Night Special you have to run a C or B Main Sunday to race your way into the Feature.
Thanks for clearing that up. For some reason thought the odd/even's were on Saturday night. Will there be a payoff for each night?

10/7/09, 10:52 AM   #7
lambracing

Is it worth making the trip down saturday morning? watching saturday and camping that night. Or would it not be worth going that late in the week.
Last edited by lambracing; 10/7/09 at 11:01 AM.

10/7/09, 12:27 PM   #8
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide22 View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. For some reason thought the odd/even's were on Saturday night. Will there be a payoff for each night?
I think they pay for the Saturday Night Specials, B Mains & Features. Call (812) 689-1046 for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambracing View Post
Is it worth making the trip down saturday morning? watching saturday and camping that night. Or would it not be worth going that late in the week.
If you show up on Saturday morning you'll see the Mini Enduro, Enduro, Powder Puff races, Heat races, Race of Champions, & the Saturday Night Specials. On Sunday they start with the Rollover Contest at noon and they go right into the C Mains, B Mains & Features.

I think it would be worth the trip.

10/7/09, 1:26 PM   #9
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

I'm confused.?
I need a lil help. Their website is as clear as mud to me on this.
All I want to see is open wheel sprint and or mini sprints.
So when will they be run?
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

10/7/09, 1:43 PM   #10
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
I'm confused.?
I need a lil help. Their website is as clear as mud to me on this.
All I want to see is open wheel sprint and or mini sprints.
So when will they be run?
Its pretty simple really, alot of racing and lots of food beer and everything under the sun. If you want to come just to see sprints run and not enjoy anything else, this event is not for you. The sprints race each night, and sunday day. Free entertainment and food each night. Its a racers party and a great time to just kick back and have fun, Funfest!! this event will happen rain or shine, if it rains we have plenty of stuff going on.
Thanks, Dave

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Funfest