IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville & Powri
7/29/15, 10:01 PM   #1
Belleville & Powri
Thyfault925

Anyone know why Powri scheduled against Belleville this year? Thought they tried to work with eachother.

2 members like this post: dctracy79, vitron
7/30/15, 8:29 AM   #2
Hkamp1982

I heard and this is only what I heard, so it may not be 100% true, but I was told powri wants to be the biggest sanction around so they wanted to go head to head against usac. Like I said this could be completely false but it makes sense.

1 member likes this post: KJHolley
7/30/15, 9:15 AM   #3
Clydesdale

The better question is, why would Haubstadt want to do that and schedule against USAC, when USAC races there 3 times a year. Especially Haubstaft doesn't get 25 sprint cars anymore unless they go-sanction with USAC. Also, there's POWRi at Haubstadt on 4Crown weekend. If I was USAC I'd be questioning this a little bit.

4 members like this post: bigq11, BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, Sandy Lowe
7/30/15, 11:09 AM   #4
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Fans loose once again.

2 members like this post: dctracy79, Scott Daloisio
7/30/15, 1:55 PM   #5
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
The better question is, why would Haubstadt want to do that and schedule against USAC, when USAC races there 3 times a year. Especially Haubstaft doesn't get 25 sprint cars anymore unless they go-sanction with USAC. Also, there's POWRi at Haubstadt on 4Crown weekend. If I was USAC I'd be questioning this a little bit.
How many cars do you think are skipping Belleville to run Haubstadt? USAC is in Kansas so Haubstadt shouldn't run a powri show in Indiana,I guess all cars without the budget to tow to Kansas shouldn't race Saturday night!

7/30/15, 3:39 PM   #6
Re: Belleville & Powri
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

The Arnie Knepper Memorial is scheduled for this coming Sunday at Little Belleville.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/30/15, 3:45 PM   #7
mlamb

I applaud anyone who brings midget racing to Indiana...we should be thankful for Tommy Helfrich & Power I.
It's 551 miles between Belleville Ks and Haubstadt In. I don't see Tommy running midgets against Belleville and USAC as a crime. Many don't have the big budgets to run USAC or Big Belleville.
Placerville California is running BCRA midgets Aug 1 ....should we shun them to?
Last I checked this is America, you have the freedom to load up your race car and go to any track you wish. I'm glad we have options. USAC is great but I'd hate for everyone to close their doors cause there is a USAC show somewhere. JMO

7/30/15, 4:03 PM   #8
leftturnonly

Race Count This Year: 15
Race Count Last Year: 12

Belleville is a big track and probably most of the cars going to Haubstabt would never go to Belleville so they would be setting at home this weekend if it weren't for PowerI.

7/30/15, 4:32 PM   #9
Clydesdale

With midget racing struggling, why wouldn't people want to encourage anybody who can to go out and enjoy the event? To try and get Belleville to the event it once was? There's 3 or 4 guys I'm sure will be at Haubstadt that could run up front at the USAC event if there wasn't a conflict.. Which is a lot given what the car counts are for both series. The point about Haubstadt is, they have 3 USAC sanctioned events, and probably shouldn't schedule midgets against one of USAC's biggest midget races of the year, it's the principle. And on top of that, they schedule against 4Crown, which is another big event USAC has. I'm all about getting midget races in Indiana, but I'm sure there's some other dates they could've worked out if they wanted midget races, instead of scheduling against one another. In the end, it comes down to diluting the car counts as a whole for both groups, meaning the fans lose yet again.. Especially when a lot of the top drivers/ car owners run both series.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dctracy79, flagboy55, Scott Daloisio, Thyfault925
7/30/15, 4:45 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

I don't think this will be that big of a deal. I remember when POWRi blatantly scheduled against the Gold Crown a couple of years ago. Since then I think things have been better, but this for sure, does not help grow the sport.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville & Powri