IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Enderle Injection
6/8/10, 8:30 PM   #1
Enderle Injection
TexasFocus18

Is there anything wrong with the Enderle injection setup over a Hilborn? Found a fairly inexpensive setup and want to know if there is a performance difference? Going 305 racing and have lots of questions.

Thanks!
JR

6/9/10, 1:11 PM   #2
Re: Enderle Injection
TQ29m

I'd say it's all in the quality of the piece, they've been around a while, like the others you mentioned, they do things a bit differently, which may or may not mean that you can get help at the track for tuning, myself, I'd probably try to find one of the others, just because they are more common, but that may be an illusion, maybe where you'll be running, some of the guys run them, which would be your next step, ck out who runs what locally, that's where you'll be looking for help, you might find out almost everyone runs them. Bob

6/9/10, 3:35 PM   #3
TexasFocus18

It looks identical to the Hilborn setup.. You put them side by side and you cant tell the difference. Isnt a barrel valve just a barrel valve? All the settings should be the same? I'm not arguing with your opinions at all, just discussing.

JR

6/9/10, 5:47 PM   #4
TQ29m

Just google enderle fuel injection, they have breakdowns of the parts, they use a different type of barrel valve, uses the same pills, but some of the other parts have different ways they function, Just like Kinsler, they use a pill, in all their bypasses, where Hilborn doesn't, to me, it just makes tuning more complicated, because you have a pressure setting, and a pill size change to make in each one, except the main, even in the hi-speed adjustable, they have a pill in it. Bob

6/10/10, 3:07 PM   #5
TexasFocus18

Now dont hate me.. But I had a focus midget and it came with the Hilborn injection and had shims and poppets to control all the fuel.. Does hilborn not use a shim and poppets for secondary? Can't I use an adjustable High speed on the Enderle?
Thanks for your input!

6/10/10, 3:53 PM   #6
TQ29m

You didn't read it all at one time, did you? Yes, Hilborn, and Kinsler use shims and poppets to set pressures, but Kinsler adds a pill in each one, which means you have another thing to factor in. You can Use a Kinsler hi-speed, I do, but I don't use it with a pill, they can be bought with, or without the little add on for the pill, and are available for both hi and idle control. You will need to tailor your bypasses, because the Hilborn is designed to open slowly, and increase the opening as the volume increases, whereas the Kinsler will "pop"open fully, at whatever pressure you set it, hence the need for the pill, to take that initial drop, out of the opening. I have my system set the way I like it, and it works very good, no hesitation off idle, and very easy to adjust the main bypass for top end. Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Enderle Injection