IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Huset's, Indiana
8/26/21, 9:04 AM   #41
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Interesting thread. First I have to applaud Mr Wood for taking on such a big project. When it was first announced I was totally in. Considering what we’re getting and the payout I feel the prices are absolutely worth it. We seem to be talking a lot about the sprint cars but remember this is a double header with the midgets. I’m of the opinion that this track will race better wingless than it does with wings and should be awesome for midgets. The facility is as good as it gets so I’m led to believe, it looks that way on TV. Unfortunately due to circumstances out of my control, it’s just not possible this year. I hope it’s successful enough that the powers to be decide to continue it because I will attend next year if I have the resources in place. It’s a shame that some folks don’t want to travel that far from Indiana, but on the other hand it’s a heck of a lot closer for West Coast teams and fans who want to go. For me that’s a fair enough trade. The PPV that someone brought up is interesting also. They mentioned Knoxville being PPV. Well that’s true unless you buy the yearly package in which the Nationals are now included. If you pay monthly you have to pay extra. I hope things don’t change with Flo but you never know. Meanwhile back here in the Capital of Wingless Sprint Cars, we have IMO the closest thing we get to a “Nationals” starting tonight at Kokomo. And Saturday there will be tracks running non wing sprints against it. If we can’t come together on tracks about 2 hours apart for a marquee event, I pretty much feel we’re counting on race fans from other states to make it a success
It is over 2 times the distance from CA to SD than from Indy to SD. Agree though that the track will be depending on locals for support and not counting on people driving 800 miles from IN. The NFL doesn’t count on US fans to support games they play in UK or Mexico. The idea is to expand the sport, hopefully this race will add some new non-wing fans.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, dirt330, fish, tirespinner
8/26/21, 10:06 PM   #42
bmemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Make sure you bring your credit card,in case it's needed.🙄

🤣 won't need it!!

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, luckybuc97, wildman92
8/27/21, 3:17 PM   #43
Amzie

Making the trip from Kentucky. Very excited about going to this. Bought tickets and reserved a hotel as soon as they announced it. Always thought this looked like a cool track and 3 doubleheaders in a row made the trip worth it to me.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Huset's, Indiana