IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mav TV you let us down!!!!!
1/20/14, 9:36 AM   #41
Re: Mav TV you let us down!!!!!
airplanegeek

Cottle made an ass of himself. Leave it on the track.

4 members like this post: badgerfan, grinch, JazzTrombonist, treecitytornado
1/20/14, 12:58 PM   #42
Kuhn74

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS TO BRYAN CLAUSON, RUSTY KUNZ AND JOE DOOLING

Well, here it goes folks………

Our sport is very interesting, for example…..

I went after a driver, after a midget race at DuQuoin about 4 years ago. I was berated on this site for weeks for my actions. 2 years ago, that same driver did the same crap to Bryan Clauson. Bryan went after him and was a hero (the video is also now the “teaser” for POWRi’s “Battle at the Center.”)

Wednesday night at Chili Bowl, Rico and Yeley get together on the last lap. Yeley ends up in the fence and upside down with a DNF. Rico finishes the race in 4th I believe. Not assigning fault to anyone, just pointing out that “it was a racing deal on the last lap.”

Cottle blasts Gary Taylor for a pass coming to the white flag and it is cool, Taylor goes on to finish last car running. Once again, not assigning fault to anyone, just pointing out that “it was a racing deal.” However, I deserve to have my butt kicked and “taught a lesson” so that I will think twice otherwise when I take my shot.

Maybe all the keyboard jockeys out there should get together and put a list of your stupid double standards together and post it somewhere that I can see it. It would be good to have that information available before I hit the racetrack. Maybe I should post live updates on my Facebook page before I make a move during a race, then you guys could “like” it if you think I should do it. Maybe you guys could send me your phone numbers and I could text you for approval during an 11 second lap at the Chili Bowl.
(For all of you expert by standards and professional video replay artists….I am sorry to say that Shane did not actually hit me. I am still just as ugly as I was before the B main. He was pissed and he did shove me. He also swung several times.) Probably the first time in life that my height was to my advantage.

I don’t really give a dang about what you think happened in the last corner of the last lap. You were not sitting where I was for the previous 6 laps. Matter of fact, from the sound of it, most of you were not there at the race track at all. I am not going to defend myself to any of you, period! If you like me, you would think it to be justified. If you don’t like me, you aren’t going to like me anyways. Not much for me to do about that.

Someone else said it on another thread, but basically if you like a guy, it was “just racing.” If you don’t like a guy, he “stuffed” someone or is a dirty racer.

When Hewitt spoke his mind, he was a Hero. Nowadays, a guy speak his mind and depending on who he is………he is either a crybaby (usually the case) or every now and again a fan favorite does it and “they remind me of how Hewitt was….”

I have never been a super fan favorite. I am OK with that. I spent more time building cars, racing them and at the car wash at 3 am than I did at autograph sessions. Those were my choices. I have given it my all and went from startup racer to USAC Champion. The people that were there for me then, are still there for me now. I am good with that as well and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don’t care if anyone on here thinks that I am Hall of Fame material. You probably aren't on the selection committee anyways. It doesn't bother me if you don’t think I am a Top 3, 5 or even Top 10 kind of guy. I will proudly hang my hat on my accomplishments over the years. If that results in me being in the National Midget Hall of Fame one day, so be it. If it doesn't, then that is fine as well.

For those of you that have decided to judge my career by one slide job, in one turn, during one lap of one race that I ran over the last 15 years…..Thank You. I can only wish you the same kind of grace in the future at your place of employment. You probably know everything there is to know about everything at your office as well and that would never happen.
Have at it boys and girls => this should keep the thread alive for a while and give the keyboard jockeys that have never been in the arena something to talk about. As Jack Nicholson said in A few good men, “Either way, I don’t give a damn to what you think you are entitled to!” In this case, I don’t give a damn to what you think happened, especially if you weren’t there….I hope you enjoyed the read!

Brad Kuhn

1/20/14, 2:17 PM   #43
55fan

Well said Brad.

4 members like this post: badgerfan, DWX 9929, nathans1012
1/20/14, 2:33 PM   #44
chathamracefan

Let's be honest, it's the thrill of moves like that (that sometimes work & sometimes don't) that is a big part of the draw as to why we as fans invest hours & dollars into driving to/from the races (or watching on TV in this case). I've seen a few guys over the years that I think are wreckless (Josh Richards in late models comes to mind), but when the action is happening so fast & there is so much on the line, sometimes the line gets crossed.

I don't know Brad Kuhn or Shane Cottle but have seen both race several times. Would not consider either to be wreckless.

3 members like this post: DWX 9929, nathans1012, sc17x
1/20/14, 4:59 PM   #45
SPRINTCAR

MAV TV did not even show what really happened when the two collided. Who else got run into during the week and ran up to someone's pit wanting to correct the situation? Spring needs to get here soon for some of you.

1 member likes this post: Midget 89
1/20/14, 5:56 PM   #46
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I was just gonna sit here and spectate but what the heck...
I was in the stands and saw the contact. It was about as hard a hit as I've seen involving two guys going for the same piece of real estate with a transfer spot at stake. That being said, I can't imagine a guy of Brad Kuhn's experience going into somebody that hard intentionally, knowing full well that the consequences could be just as dire for the hitter as the hittee. He may have been trying a monster slider and mis-timed it, or he may have been trying to move Shane Cottle up the track, just not as forcefully, and didn't check up quite enough. Only Brad knows for sure what he had in mind, but my guess is that it didn't quite turn out the way he planned. The unfortunate thing is they didn't show a replay of the incident on the big screen; does anybody know if there is video (of the racing, not the fight)?
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
1/20/14, 6:02 PM   #47
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sttmn View Post
Shane Cottle should have been removed from facility. He should not be welcome at any racing facility for 2014. This is not good for the sport. I really disrespect the Chili Bowl officials. I seen at least a half a dozen of them just let him run by, knowing where he was headed.
^^^ Obviously hasn't been to too many races Didn't I see Carl Edwards Chase Jeff Gordon all the way to his pit last year?

1/20/14, 11:31 PM   #48
Eric C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
YOU ARE KIDDING....RIGHT???
"Mav TV you let us down!!!!"

...when is the last time you saw LIVE midget racing on TV....shows like "Flip The Switch" or the new "30Thirty" show coming this spring.........

MavTV THANK YOUTHANK YOU THANK YOU....this ole southerner loves what you are doing...keep on doing!!!!!!!
Thank You Wayne Davis for your comment, I was scrolling through all of them to see if anyone else said what you just did and Thank God you did, I could give a Damm watching to see if some body did or did not get their ass kicked, I spent $10.00 to watch the Live Coverage of the Chile Bowl which is Per Month, and after seeing all the other racing related programs they Air i will be keeping my Mav TV

Eric Cottongim

3 members like this post: badgerfan, Brat47, Midget 89
1/20/14, 11:39 PM   #49
Shawn

Good point, Chuck. It was Clint Bowyer chasing Jeff Gordon, at Phoenix.

To say that Cottle needs banned is ridiculous. Brad is the only one that knows for sure what he was thinking. That being said, I don't blame Cottle for being upset. Oh, yes, I was there...

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
1/21/14, 12:32 AM   #50
huskermudd

I don't think anyone ever ask to have Jack Hewitt to be removed from the facility. I don't have a problem with what either of them did Brad was going for a transfer position at the Chili bowl a few years a go JJ Yeley hit everyone but the pace car when he made his alphabet run. If your want them all to play follow the leader then go to a napcar race. Shane was pissed because he just lost a transfer spot at the chili bowl (can you blame him) don't tell me Jack would not of done the same and we all know he was one of the best and loved his personality.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mav TV you let us down!!!!!