IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Midgets
9/14/13, 1:56 PM   #1
Montpelier Midgets
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

So I guess ill try and do some montpelier speedway Midget updates tonight..Although hopefully most of you are attending a race somewhere..tons of options ..Ill do the best i can do..Its hard scoring and doing updates but Ill manage. lol

Tyler

9/14/13, 2:52 PM   #2
Re: Montpelier Midgets
Gregg

I'd love to be there but I will definitely make my first visit there next year.

9/14/13, 6:00 PM   #3
RacinBabe

How many midgets are in the pits?

9/14/13, 6:38 PM   #4
cwfan08

15 midgets on the grounds..with a few minis..both liguoris watson wease hollingsworth tate martz to name a few..over 120 cars total..and if anyone wants to know 23 tq midgets here

4 members like this post: miwingless, Pat O'Connor Fan, sportster1, TNRustler
9/14/13, 7:17 PM   #5
cwfan08

15 cars here..tate martz wins heat 1 over edwards briggs walker watson o keefe ransbottom and hunt..heat 2 on track now

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
9/14/13, 10:13 PM   #6
BrianBSU23

Tate Martz passes Billy Wease midway and holds off Shane Hollingsworth to become the 7th different Midget winner this season at the Montpelier Motor Speedway!

Congrats to the Martz and Alexander family!

5 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1, racerjim2, Shawn, TNRustler
9/14/13, 10:27 PM   #7
Shawn

Awesome! Congratulations to everyone involved with the Duane & Sonja Alexander/Shawn Frazier Designs #2 Beast/Esslinger machine!

Shawn

1 member likes this post: LUCKYONE
9/15/13, 11:47 AM   #8
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Another good night of racing at Montpelier last night. With 120 cars in the pits and a nice crowd on hand on a chilly evening, the racing action was hot and heavy. The staff at the speedway deserves a lot of credit for running a timely show. With that many cars in the house, it could have become a long drawn out affair. We were able to see 3 of the features and were still out of the gate and on the road by 11:00 PM.

A big congrats to Tate Martz on a good run to bring home the checkers as the seventh different winner in the midget class here this year. Talk about diversity. Nick Speidel with a smooth ride in the MTQRL feature brought home the win over a nice field of 23 cars. In a short period of time, the MTQRL has become a real player in the three quarter midget racing circuit. Todd Sherman drove it like he stole it with his feature win in the modifieds. 30 modifieds in the pit area last night and they put on a great show again. I am not a huge modified fan but this track provides a great place for them to showcase their talent.

Harold & Lori Hunter have worked very hard to bring this speedway to where it is today. It is great to see their hard work pay off especially with the midget series. They continue to provide a great entertainment option on Saturday nights with reasonable pricing for admission as well as at the concession stand. The track prep has been great again this year and last night they again only did a touch up at the intermission.

One final midget show left this year on September 28th.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3 members like this post: BrianBSU23, Gregg, TNRustler
9/15/13, 1:32 PM   #9
nowings4me

I'm telling you that if you haven't been to this place in a while, please go see all of the improvements they have made! Best kept secret in northern Indiana! These folks have it all together!

2 members like this post: BrianBSU23, Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Midgets