IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
DirtTrackTherapy16J (Offline)
  #21 8/30/22 2:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
I do. Not as much I do about the racing, it’s self. But I do care. Often their walkout song choices say some about those individuals’ personalities or their train of thought at the moment. Confidence exudes in Cummins’ choice, for example. Right before the biggest race of the year, he’s telling everyone “This is ‘My House’”. And that’s pretty much become the truth there. And Ballou’s choice of “9 to 5” reiterates one of his themes from this week. I’m a working guy, with blue collar roots. And Grant picked “I’m a Cowboy” Anyone that’s ever seen him drive knows that’s a pretty accurate description. And I few years ago the Madman was just coming off being in trouble with USAC, so he walked out the “In The Doghouse Now” by the great Hank Williams. Now, if you couldn’t get a chuckle out of that, you just don’t have much of a sense of humor.😀

Jerry
Mr. Shaw, one h*ll of a post!! I was gonna put some of that, especially about Kyle but figured my post was already too long for some. Although Dave and Scotty are my top 2 guys, I did feel Kyle, Robert, and JG had the best choices for the specific time being!!!! Great post sir, 200% true, correct, accurate!! Wish I could give you more then one like!!
2 Likes: Jerry Shaw, TQ29m
richie (Offline)
  #22 8/30/22 3:55 PM
Be ready for next year's Smackdown, folks.

I'll be writing this same article once again for the fifth straight year. Sorry not sorry.
13 Likes: 95KART, Blackduce, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, Dale, fish, Ilovedirttrackracing, JarrettFarms73, JordanBlanton, luckybuc97, racenut69, Schimmel1s, TNRustler
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #23 8/30/22 5:45 PM
Well, I guess I got my answer(s). Thanks.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, duel, fish, jdull99, luckybuc97
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #24 8/30/22 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by richie:
Be ready for next year's Smackdown, folks.

I'll be writing this same article once again for the fifth straight year. Sorry not sorry.
Maybe they'll pay ya a little more

Charles Nungester
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #25 8/31/22 11:17 AM
I don’t care Mike, either way actually. Everything went off without a hitch pretty much. Now if we had delay’s to deal with or perhaps incoming weather then I would definitely have an opinion on it
Rob11 (Offline)
  #26 8/31/22 1:31 PM
I found it interesting. Thanks to the OP for throwing it out there.
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #27 8/31/22 3:12 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Gee, I think he learned that from McCartney.
Leave it to Charles to totally miss a point and inject a random fact and prove he has no clue what he's talking about. Just so you know McCartney considers James Jamerson the best bass player of all time.

Comparing McCartney to Les Claypool is like comparing Motley Crue to Merle Haggard.

Pancho Stapp: My Primus playlist includes "John the Fisherman" and an interesting cover of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". The video for that song is classic.

I personally like the driver picked music for introductions. The Smackdown is a different type event and they want to grow it. Having different things like the way they do driver intros helps with that.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
2 Likes: fish, TQ29m
Points (Offline)
  #28 8/31/22 6:10 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
I cared when Ballou walked out to Workin’ 9 to 5. Winner winner.
This is when he should of drove in with his bulldozer. It cracked me up when they showed him driving it before the group picture.
Closed Thread