Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kody Swanson at Daytona
11/20/19, 10:35 AM   #31
Re: Kody Swanson at Daytona
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Ford GT ripping the Daytona 24 course.

Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/20/19 at 11:14 AM.

1 member likes this post: Puppy
11/20/19, 10:43 AM   #32
Charles Nungester

Warning, This video will spoil it if you watch before watching the Movie Ford Vs Ferrari
Documentary on the Ford GT.

Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/20/19 at 11:13 AM.

11/20/19, 12:09 PM   #33
ISF

Sorry for going off topic, a bit, but we went to see Ford vs. Ferrari last night and was quite pleased to see that the development and racing content of the movie followed factual history rather closely. I refreshed my memory recently when we had decided to go see this movie by reading up on the chronological events that took place leading up to, and throughout, the whole Ford/Shelby/Miles Le Mans saga. I, as many others, feared that Hollywood would leave some things out and/or add some drama to add some entertainment value. I'm sure there were some things in the personal lives and interaction of the main characters that are non-factually dramatized but that is probably needed and to be accepted.

We would heartily recommend this movie to anyone interested in the plot line. It's one of the better racing movies we've ever seen, however, that generally isn't saying much!

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, rick42
11/20/19, 1:32 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Sorry for going off topic, a bit, but we went to see Ford vs. Ferrari last night and was quite pleased to see that the development and racing content of the movie followed factual history rather closely. I refreshed my memory recently when we had decided to go see this movie by reading up on the chronological events that took place leading up to, and throughout, the whole Ford/Shelby/Miles Le Mans saga. I, as many others, feared that Hollywood would leave some things out and/or add some drama to add some entertainment value. I'm sure there were some things in the personal lives and interaction of the main characters that are non-factually dramatized but that is probably needed and to be accepted.

We would heartily recommend this movie to anyone interested in the plot line. It's one of the better racing movies we've ever seen, however, that generally isn't saying much!

I agree, It was well done and even the look and accents of Shelby and Miles were spot on.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kody Swanson at Daytona