IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Members -- Please Read
11/13/15, 5:44 PM   #21
i love dirt track racing

All that I can say is that I'm thankful for being a member of a organization that bill and his family have put together for all the great things that we all love and thanks Mrs g.for keeping his dream of providing a great website that is worldwide and our racing families have met so many great racing fans and hopefully we all can make more friends and enjoy this house that bill built. Thanks to you and your family for all the great things that you guys do for us racing fans and racing teams. Thanks

11/13/15, 6:29 PM   #22
Re: Members -- Please Read
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Pretty good read here:
http://www.onedirt.com/features/dont-be-the-joke/
AJ (the Able-Bodied Pit Doll) always reminds me that the idiot I just honked at on the freeway may be the next Charlie Manson, and I may be the guy who caused him to go over the edge. I fear we as a group may have been guilty of setting a certain individual off in Mrs. G's direction and I'm truly sorry if I played even a small a part in "honking at Charlie". For the most part what goes on in IOW is a good thing. Thanks, Mrs G, for putting up with us and keeping Bill's vision alive.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

11/13/15, 6:56 PM   #23
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I must admit I have sent a PM to somebody who bashed me. So I'd like to apologize to this board for taking my heat. Mrs G I am so sorry that happened to you, I don't know what else to say but I'm sorry
Jim

Most of us are living in "Glass Houses" so I ain't throwing any stones. We all go off just a little one time or another and that is when Moderators are handy people to have around. Sometimes just a "Pm" to a friend of yours that made an off handed remark can stop a lot of this stuff early even before a moderator is even needed.

Now I am not too sure about threatening "PM'S" that is on the record, and try as you may you can not erase it once it is put out there>>> we have politicians that can confirm that. Best to save that discussion for a personal confrontation with the person in question.

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider
11/13/15, 9:14 PM   #24
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I must admit I have sent a PM to somebody who bashed me. So I'd like to apologize to this board for taking my heat. Mrs G I am so sorry that happened to you, I don't know what else to say but I'm sorry
Jim, you better take it easy, your PO is compiling her final report and will bring it up for review next weekend! LMAO

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 11/14/15 at 9:58 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, wildman92
11/14/15, 9:15 AM   #25
Gregg

I have been on this board infrequently the past couple of weeks, not for fear of retribution but it just has been a busy time for me right now. The things you miss by not checking in more often.

I can't think of anything profound to say except you have my unconditional support Mrs. G. I'm sure most will say the same thing.

11/14/15, 7:27 PM   #26
Stevensville Mike

I would like to thank Mrs. G for starting this thread, no matter what the reason was. This is what we all need to hear.

Thanks for grabbing us by the scruff of the neck and pointing to the paddle, Mrs. G.

It worked every time growing up.

11/15/15, 4:30 PM   #27
Bad Dad 54

I have a friend on FB, we disagree about just about everything, do we get mad & insult each other? No. We respect each others opinion, we agree to disagree & go on living our lives. Didn't say normal lives cause I'm not sure what that is anymore, to many selfish people in this world. Be like Bob, read the post, agree disagree voice your opinion, if other person disagrees move on.

4 members like this post: FishBurger, jim goerge, Mrs G, racegal
11/15/15, 7:50 PM   #28
turn4

THANK YOU for everything you do for us Mrs. G.
Phil Thrasher
Last edited by turn4; 11/15/15 at 7:52 PM.

5 members like this post: Bobv, FishBurger, Mrs G, racegal, speed bump
11/16/15, 10:38 AM   #29
Midget 89

Posts should have names. That would end a lot of nonsense.

4 members like this post: FishBurger, jim goerge, racegal, ronmil
11/17/15, 3:48 AM   #30
dirt_trackgurl006

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 41

I don't get on here as regularly as I use to, however I am glad I did this time.
Mrs. G, THANK YOU for keeping this forum alive and for everything you do!! If it wasn't for IOW I would not have had the opportunity to meet other IOW Members, and get to know more of the racing community outside my comfort zone...lol..As days go by, I have been taught a very valuable lesson...technology is taking over the world more each day...This is one of the reasons why we are loosing so many fans, drivers, car owners, sponsors. .etc. a lot of people want to post all the negative and bad things about the promoters, tracks, each other not just on here, but all social media websites...which isn't good for us and it leaves a bad impression on the first timers as well...we need more positive feedback as well as more fans in the stands..i realize money is very hard to come by these days....(yes father I do listen to you, once in awhile!..lol)
I do want to thank each and every one of the track promoters and staff, for all of their hard work!!

Thank you again Mrs. G
I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to meet such wonderful people this year! I hope to have the opportunity to meet more IOW members next year!!

Kasi Chapman

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Members -- Please Read