IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ASPHALT24 (Offline)
  #11 9/13/13 8:58 PM
I agree. Start parking these cars for a Sunday or two. Then when they do return to competition, possibly with bare quarter panels, maybe they will play by the rules. These sponsors need to step in and voice their opinion. I can't believe for a minute 5 Hr Energy, NAPA, etc. want to be associated with this type of cheating. Set them down for a few weeks, sponsors wake up and pull the funding is when these cheaters will wake up. What happened last week at Richmond was a total farce. Fines do nothing. They are all millionaires. Last I knew, fine money goes into the year end point fund payout. So in a round about way, the teams paying the fines through the season get some of it back. I say park 'em for awhile.
3 Likes: buck2, Midget 89, team3521
kidrock (Offline)
  #12 9/13/13 9:12 PM
While many people still like Nascar including myself I will agree the chase has to go but, with that being said and since it is still here Nascar should have removed Logano from the chase and fined Penske for what they did. Nascar should have kept Lagano, Gilliand and Boyer from racing this weekend. Still have to give Nascar credit for at least doing what they have done.

Just think without the chase Gordon Probably would have at least 6 titles by now. I know 5 for sure.

You guys must not be watching the Nascar truck races then because that's the best racing going. These guys have been putting on some of the best racing week in and week out.
JDFAST (Offline)
  #13 9/13/13 11:55 PM
Not to get in a pissing match with anyone, but what Joey's team is kinda standard practice since I have been watching racing or Nascar sine the 1970's. All teams and mfg's do it.

Not a fan of it, or the chase.

What was considered out of bounds for many (but not NASCAR) was a guy spinning out purpose (not to help himself, but a teammate) and it altered who won the race and who was in the chase.

Unfortunately, I guess NASCAR thinks this ok as this has been done before. I guess the real problem for NASCAR was not the actions on the track, but that the general public found out how ...... you fill in the blank. It's a business, not a sport, and many guys/gals will doing anything and have no morals or integrity. For me, just look at how MWR has handled themselves SINCE THE SPIN. Even Martrin Truex is now grumbling he should be in the chase, good grief, your organization cheats, get caught, penalised, and you are crying fowl.

Give me 30 laps of dirt track action with guys who race for the love of the sport anyday.
4 Likes: Flatrightrear, team3521, Tom23, Will Shunk
jim goerge (Offline)
  #14 9/14/13 12:50 AM
Napcar has SUXed since day after Dale Sr died with their need to change these cars the next day They have ruined racing Every since then I have watched maybe 2 3 races a year One thing I have wondered bout is how it takes most cars couple of laps to pass someone BUT Jimmy Johnson catches guys and just motors by It sure isn;t cuz he;s a better driver
Tief (Offline)
  #15 9/14/13 5:24 PM
A long time race fan said to me not long ago that NASCAR has become like WWE Wrestling. It's not about the racing anymore. It's about who is on probation? Who has been penalized? Who is cheating? Who is feuding with who? Who gets along with their Crew Chief and teammates? Who doesn't? Who gets their way when they stomp their feet and whine? Who gets reprimanded for every little infraction and who gets to do pretty much anything they want while the referee has his back turned?

I though that was really well put.
2 Likes: flatout18, The Old Coyote
flatout18 (Offline)
  #16 9/15/13 11:49 AM
Lets face it, This stuff has been going on for years. Nascar just has the technology and the means to monitor radio traffic now. Adding another spot to the so-called "Chase" is just another example of how corrupt this "SHOW" is. Nascar can dictate how these races turn out and the viewing public would never know. Nascar is going to do whatever it can to cater to its biggest corporate sponsors to make them happy. At the end of the day, it's all about the money. If adding ole Gordon to the "Chase" in a fairy tail position and give him an advantage on the track somehow so he can come from 13th to win the Championship makes the sponsors happy, you bet your ass they would do it in a heartbeat. What a better story line for NASCAR. A guy that had no hope of winning in the playoff comes from behind to win.. sounds like front page news for Nascar. Don't laugh.... it could very well happen and, the ordinary public will NEVER know... Another great excuse to go to a dirt track.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Mud Packer, team3521
mr nobody (Offline)
  #17 9/15/13 1:24 PM
MWR should go as Flavio and Nelson Piquet Jr how well a stunt like that works for ones career.
kidrock (Offline)
  #18 9/15/13 2:18 PM
Originally Posted by flatout18:
Lets face it, This stuff has been going on for years. Nascar just has the technology and the means to monitor radio traffic now. Adding another spot to the so-called "Chase" is just another example of how corrupt this "SHOW" is. Nascar can dictate how these races turn out and the viewing public would never know. Nascar is going to do whatever it can to cater to its biggest corporate sponsors to make them happy. At the end of the day, it's all about the money. If adding ole Gordon to the "Chase" in a fairy tail position and give him an advantage on the track somehow so he can come from 13th to win the Championship makes the sponsors happy, you bet your ass they would do it in a heartbeat. What a better story line for NASCAR. A guy that had no hope of winning in the playoff comes from behind to win.. sounds like front page news for Nascar. Don't laugh.... it could very well happen and, the ordinary public will NEVER know... Another great excuse to go to a dirt track.
Yeah they should have taken Lagono out and put Gordon in. Just think when you go to some of your dirt tracks they have favorites and sometimes they make calls to benefit so called favorite so in a sense they can dictate the out come as well.