IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #1 9/27/15 9:51 AM
Anyone think it was strange that anyone without AT&T(I have Verizon) couldnt get to the internet or text at the track. I checked on the way out and about 2 miles away I had 4 bars and zero at the track. My phone is set to roam but couldnt get anything there. Given AT&T is a track sponsor it seems a little fishy to me.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: bpa94, dickster, Geoff Kaiser, team3521
griffithracing (Offline)
  #2 9/27/15 9:58 AM
Drivers meeting Friday , Larry boos said that a verizon tower is in the works.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #3 9/27/15 10:25 AM
I saw a post on a late model forum from last year that said the same thing. It still doesnt explain why I had 4 bars 2 miles away and zero at the track and why it wouldnt let me roam to the AT&T tower

John Hoover

Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 9/27/15 10:49 AM
Last time I was there, I tried to send a couple text and was denied. I then seen I had no signal. This was halfway down the grandstand. I turned the phone off and turned it back on. Four bars. Trac Fone

Charles Nungester
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #5 9/27/15 10:50 AM
The track is where it should be.....the middle of nowhere!
7 Likes: John P Huss, monkeyboy, PIT CART, Racer1039, Scott Bradley, speed bump, tirespinner
racefan20 (Offline)
  #6 9/27/15 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
The track is where it should be.....the middle of nowhere!
Ok thats fine but has nothing to do with this topic. If you are going to draw thousands of people to "the middle of nowhere" then you need to make sure everyone gets a signal not just the owners of your sponsors phones.

John Hoover

PIT CART (Offline)
  #7 9/27/15 11:01 AM
Verizon brings in a temporary tower for the kings royal and truck race but remove it after world 100 weekend.
sp6967 (Offline)
  #8 9/27/15 11:03 AM
last time I was at Eldora the hot dogs were 3 degrees to warm. that's what we need to worry about.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
6 Likes: Can26, monkeyboy, speed bump, Speedracer, tirespinner, xoxide
deadbird (Offline)
  #9 9/27/15 11:15 AM
How did we ever survive without cell phones just a few years ago?? Should be happy as a calm to be at a great race track watching great racing, not busy wearing out you fingers texting and playing candy cap or crunch or whatever that BS is called!
14 Likes: bigq11, Charles Nungester, DaveP63, dkdorkboy, Flatrightrear, interpreter66, jerrydt, jim goerge, racenut69, ronmil, speed bump, SPRINTCAR, tirespinner, Unlucky#9
sprntr (Offline)
  #10 9/27/15 11:38 AM
What did we ever bi+ch about before Cell Phones?