IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RCop20 (Offline)
  #1 5/29/13 6:27 PM
Im in the process of buying a car. I contacted some freight places and I can never get a legitimate price. There's a fee for this a fee for that. It went from $250 to $600 then to $1000 and climbing. Its just a chassis, body and some misc parts. I was thinking the dimensions of a crate would be somewhere along the lines of 5X5X10 and roughly 600 lbs at the most. The distance is 1500 miles. Any suggestions?! Thanks
RCop20 (Offline)
  #2 5/29/13 6:28 PM
Im on the receiving end of this.
Jonr (Offline)
  #3 5/29/13 8:01 PM
It is a long shot, but I would contact http://www.m-v-t.com/ They are racers from the Las Cruces, NM area. They have sponsored Steve and Kraig Kinser for several years. They also promote some races in the Las Cruces/ El Paso area. They also sponsor some cars on the ASCS National tour There trucks are everywhere.
deadbird (Offline)
  #4 5/29/13 8:04 PM
You could also try Youship.com.
Its the bidding company from tv show Shipping Wars. Just like an auction and you pick the best bid.

Posted via Mobile Device
spicoli (Offline)
  #5 5/29/13 9:07 PM
I've seen cars that were banded down to a skid. Fasten on the body panels, bolt and tape all the stuff together, then band it down. As long as they can get a fork lift to it.

You can wrap it in plastic as well.

Find a local company that has a shipping contract and they might ship it for you under their discount.
sc96 (Offline)
  #6 5/29/13 10:16 PM
We are in the trucking business your best bet is a LTL trucking company. But my guess is if you can get a rate for 800.00 you better take it and a rate of 250.00 is not a good idea you will get hooked and took!!!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
stockracer (Offline)
  #7 5/29/13 10:19 PM
From where to where? There are a lot of people on this web site that is moving around with trailers.
dirtshirt (Offline)
  #8 5/29/13 11:15 PM
I do races in Midwest and midsouth.Could pick up ano deliver during week.Where is car?
KENDALLRACING (Offline)
  #9 5/29/13 11:50 PM
Hi Please email me pickup and delivery address as we travel quite a bit with our team and may be able to help.
Chears Lyndon. Lyndon.kendall@hotmail.com
leonhaupt (Offline)
  #10 5/30/13 9:18 AM
I ship complete race cars , rollers as well as complete chasis. Overseas and inland... Your best guys for this is Yellow Transport. Reliable and not expensive. This should cost u about $425.00. Good luck with the shipping...