IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Busch
11/6/11, 12:06 AM   #31
LocalYokel

So Hornaday started this by getting into the turn a head of Busch? Me confused...
A "real racer" destroys his own car that only had minor damage, and he could of very possibly won the race with?
Last edited by LocalYokel; 11/6/11 at 12:10 AM.

11/6/11, 12:53 AM   #32
miledirt

No, my point was this low class move by Busch was unlike a comparison to an Earnhardt move in days gone by during green flag racing

This was completely different and totally unacceptable IMO
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: dant, PARKS
11/6/11, 1:23 AM   #33
Re: Kyle Busch
fish

Bottom line to me is that it happened after the yellow lights were on. Even if a driver has something to be p'd about, this can't be tolerated in any form of motorsports.

1 member likes this post: PARKS
11/6/11, 1:47 AM   #34
Ovalmeister

Kyle Busch = NASCAR cash cow.

You can bet NASCAR is loving this publicity.
Remember..... "Have at it boys".
Every series on the planet secretly wishes they had a Kyle Busch type personality. You just can't buy this type advertising, lol.
Need an example? We're all talking about NASCAR....on an open wheel messege board. Think about it. He's a promotors dream!

David.

1 member likes this post: Kansasdirtfan
11/6/11, 7:31 AM   #35
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Kyle Busch = NASCAR cash cow.

You can bet NASCAR is loving this publicity.
Remember..... "Have at it boys".
Every series on the planet secretly wishes they had a Kyle Busch type personality. You just can't buy this type advertising, lol.
Need an example? We're all talking about NASCAR....on an open wheel messege board. Think about it. He's a promotors dream!

David.
Thirtysome posts on an OPENwheel board about a truck race and never a mention of who won or who drove a great race. Would anyone pay $50 for a ticket to watch this stuff (or even watch it on free TV) without the anticipation of some Kyle Busch antics? You could park along I-465 in Indy and see the same RACING. Remember wrestling or roller derby on TV? Same drill. When someone posts about Earnhardt they seldom mention how many races or championships he won...it's always about how he spun other cars or booted them out of the way or made some outlandish comment. With NASCAR it can't be about the "racing". It has to be about the show. See what emotions it drew here?

1 member likes this post: Kansasdirtfan
11/6/11, 8:03 AM   #36
TQ29m

Not to be carrying baggage, but seems like I remember, when they started running trucks, Hornaday wasn't the "gentleman" he is being depicted today, he was in the penalty box a lot, yes, it was "dumb", but like the man said, it's the talk of the town! Just sayin! Bob

11/6/11, 8:08 AM   #37
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Booo.... Yay.... Who Cares!

6 members like this post: bandres21, Drtchsr, Kansasdirtfan, PARKS, PAW, racegal
11/6/11, 9:59 AM   #38
RGraves

It is Nascar related. Who cares........

11/6/11, 2:02 PM   #39
racefanindy

IMO, this isn't very different from what Edwards did to Keselowski. Except Carl crashed Brad in front of the grandstands at one of NASCAR's fastest tracks. Edwards should have been suspended for at least one race also. Last weekend at Martinsville, someone should have been parked. That race seemed to become retaliation after retaliation. NASCAR let "boys have at it" go a little too far.

11/6/11, 2:58 PM   #40
sc17x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
I believe that in time David could be a better racer than Kyle. He's already a much better person.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 2:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
I believe that in time David could be a better racer than Kyle. He's already a much better person.
not in this lifetime
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Busch