IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
John P Huss (Offline)
  #1 6/26/12 7:54 PM
Robert got together with Hunter in the feature. I believe Hunter got pretty tight and that's what caused him to take a ride. Ballou was not at fault with the accident. Seeing Ballou win a feature at Terre Haute
with his own car and a open trailer brought back memories from the
"Good Old Days" April 22.
Best Regards,
John
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, JBallou, jim goerge
Poorboyjocko (Offline)
  #2 6/27/12 1:42 AM
Originally Posted by John P Huss:
Robert got together with Hunter in the feature. I believe Hunter got pretty tight and that's what caused him to take a ride. Ballou was not at fault with the accident. Seeing Ballou win a feature at Terre Haute
with his own car and a open trailer brought back memories from the
"Good Old Days" April 22.
Best Regards,
John
John..Were U at Wilmount? I am not here to bash any one, and I am not a driver. But from my years of being involved with racing, this is my openion of the accident and I saw it from the start to the end. Hunter was running the cushion and had been doing so from the start of the race. Bollue had already given him one slide job and it was a good one with no contact. Hunter got back around Balloue and was ahead again entering one the next lap. At this point Balloue knew Hunter committed to the cushion because he was following him and it is his responsibility to give him racing room on the top. That never happen and he slid into him and from that it caused Hunters car to flip. A driver only has a split second to make a decision as to where wants to go and I think it was just the wrong move at that moment which ended with the contact of Hunters car. Nothing to do with Hunters car being tight. That is the way I say it and that is my openion. Did Robert deserve to be put on probation. That is not our call as fans and almost everyone has an openion. Every driver in that position will have to work it out with the sactioning body....Phil Poor
5 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, 38DD, dirtball, RadRacer, spicoli
BKarraker (Offline)
  #3 6/27/12 12:59 PM
The only thing tight about hunters car was trying to get the motor out of the bent car. What race were you watchin?

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: 38DD, RadRacer, RGraves
spicoli (Offline)
  #4 6/27/12 2:03 PM
Two of the most shameful statements someone who considers themselves a race car driver can make:

"It's just one of them racin deals"

Originally spoken by millionaire race car drivers, driving for millionaire owners with multi million dollar sponsors. They trash a car on Sunday (there's or anyone else's) and there's a new waiting back at the shop. They never had to pay for a new right rear tire or sit out a week because they didn't have the money to fix what broke.

A "racin deal: is when a car breaks in front of you and you hit it. A racin deal is when a part on your car breaks and you crash.

A "racin' deal" IS NOT when you have control of an operating car and you hit someone else who is control of an operating car, causing that person to crash.

The other statement: "He could have lifted"

Both statements most often said by someone who does not have the class to man-up and say "I messed up and I'm sorry"

I also agree with Phil.

Mike Jonas
5 Likes: dirtfan98, MOORESVILLETRUCKER, Motormasher, RadRacer, rclaridge
Paul Kuyawa (Offline)
  #5 6/27/12 2:31 PM
First of all I want to THANK all the USAC guys that towed to Wisconsin. Normally we have to go to INDY to see you. Your efforts were greatly appreciated.
About the crash the way we saw it was the classic slide job gone bad. Yes Hunter was on top and Robert plain didn't get the slider done. I don't know if this is first run in with the officials but doing something to stop abusive driving is ok. I worked on many a wrecked race car for over 20 years. Sometimes it's your drivers fault and other times someone wrecks you. In the old days someone would have ended up with a black eye.

I agree "it was a racing deal" is a poor excuse for a mistake. Man up and take your lumps.
Again thanks for coming to Wisconsin I hope your back

Paul Kuyawa
High Groove Media Service
2 Likes: spicoli, SPRINTCAR
Jackslash.com (Offline)
  #6 6/27/12 3:06 PM
Is there any video of this event?

Posted via Mobile Device
9 Likes: beliles66, ChaseTheRace!, Deansnuts, gunslinger, mud goodsleeve, Shawn, short track scott, TeamCGR
spicoli (Offline)
  #7 6/27/12 3:29 PM
Isn't that your job??

Oh...wait.....never mind.

7 Likes: ChaseTheRace!, Danny Burton, Deansnuts, short track scott, SPRINTCAR, Stephen Cording, Tim Watson
nonwingnit (Offline)
  #8 6/27/12 5:55 PM
Originally Posted by spicoli:
Two of the most shameful statements someone who considers themselves a race car driver can make:

"It's just one of them racin deals"

Originally spoken by millionaire race car drivers, driving for millionaire owners with multi million dollar sponsors. They trash a car on Sunday (there's or anyone else's) and there's a new waiting back at the shop. They never had to pay for a new right rear tire or sit out a week because they didn't have the money to fix what broke.

A "racin deal: is when a car breaks in front of you and you hit it. A racin deal is when a part on your car breaks and you crash.

A "racin' deal" IS NOT when you have control of an operating car and you hit someone else who is control of an operating car, causing that person to crash.

The other statement: "He could have lifted"

Both statements most often said by someone who does not have the class to man-up and say "I messed up and I'm sorry"

I also agree with Phil.

Mike Jonas
Look I'm not a huge fan of Ballou but I read what his FB said and he didn't say either of those things you're quoting. If you're going to dress him down at least get his words right. He didn't never say hunter could have or should have lifted and he didn't say it was a racing deal. He did say these things happen sometimes you're the giver sometime the taker and that's a fact as long as there's sliders in racing there's gonna be ones that don't work. I think it's a bad deal for all drivers if they start penalizing you for them especially middle of season. Like I said Ballou don't have a ton of people that gonna stick up for him and I ain't doing that either but let's say this was DD who did the bad slide job and was on probation hell there'd be a mob after USAC head. I'd be one of em! But it wrong to quote him for stuff he never said. And the first bad slider that happens in sprint week (and you know there'll be some) don't complain when half the guys are on probation and worried about whT that means. Because now they punished one they got to punish every bad slider

Greg

Posted via Mobile Device
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtfan98, JBallou, Jerry Shaw, mowerman
terrell854 (Offline)
  #9 6/27/12 6:20 PM
You don't have this problem with dd he don't have a reputation of rough driving and didn't usac just sit cottle for the night I mean there not picking on ballou

Posted via Mobile Device
nonwingnit (Offline)
  #10 6/27/12 6:32 PM
Originally Posted by terrell854:
You don't have this problem with dd he don't have a reputation of rough driving and didn't usac just sit cottle for the night I mean there not picking on ballou

Posted via Mobile Device
They parked Cottle for going down to tmez pit and fighting not anything to do with driving. I've seen DD pull some sliders he couldn't make - that's what I mean I've seen every one of them at one time or another make a bad slide job. actually at sun prairie DD flat drove over a guy - granted the guy was slow but it was enough the announcer commented on it maybe he's in trouble too and I just haven't heard?

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: JBallou, Jimmydiesel, mowerman