IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cornbelt nationals Question
6/28/19, 2:11 PM   #41
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
If a promoter felt that the race team and fan support would justify a high-paying ($50k to win) event for non-wing sprint cars, then it would exist. Apparently, there isn’t a promoter who thinks the support would be there to do it.
Why should regional Indiana promoters even consider it. Indiana regional racers have an al a carte menu. I am not even sure money is the biggest issue, see Paragon. Money for the teams is an issue, but why put up more money if you don't have to for a track's perspective. If we want higher purses for premier national tour then the an upgraded tour sponsor is needed. Which comes first the chicken or the egg. Typically I find non-wing much more competitive and exciting and is where I spend my money, but other sanctioning bodies outside of non-wing racing seem to find $. Marketing seems to overpower quality competition.

7/3/19, 12:23 PM   #42
flagboy55

Boy, lots of opinions on this topic. I have a lot too, most of which I’ll keep to myself. I think the most important post on this thread is the one by Mr Shuman. We might only get one shot. Think about that. Apparently some of us are content to keep wingless racing in our own sandbox and really don’t care if it grows. There’s part of me that can see that too, but I also see how big the wings have gotten. One thing most of us can agree on in this board is that we believe wingless is better. But I suppose we have to prove it. That’s going to take more exposure, and national events do more to provide that. I could go on but I won’t. I sincerely hope everyone and every track has a great weekend. Looking like Oppweld and myself will hanging out in Knoxville, there goes the neighborhood

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cornbelt nationals Question