IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just read everyones posts about USAC
11/10/18, 10:37 AM   #1
Just read everyones posts about USAC
blakesleyl

The question is very interesting. What now USAC??????
I never post anything, but this time I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
USAC is trying to be like NASCAR. What a mistake. People are coming back to open wheel racing to see RACING. If suspended for tweeting, and nothing being done about Courtney, they will show their hand. In other words, they will show they have favorites and only those drivers will be
allowed to do whatever they want. So, USAC, do you have enough guts to do the correct thing here? Doubt it, you always disappoint me.

11/10/18, 10:51 AM   #2
Re: Just read everyones posts about USAC
BrentTFunk

I personally like Robert, but think they did the appropriate thing that he forced them to do. Is that your name on Robert's car? If so, I can understand your anger. I have watched Tyler race for many years now. I can not recall any incident like this with him. He has always been positive. I don't know that you suspend someone for a one time thing that even the recipient has not complained about. I still don't know for sure who he hit. Although I have a pretty good idea. If he has done this before, or has been warned, than suspension should be in order. All of this negative takes away from the positives. Like Perris increasing the purse this year, and Justin Grants charge for the win. USAC has had a great last few years and people hate o see it. Keep tearing it down and racers can keep racing for lower purses. I will probably get deleted again as I am not following the IOW moderater personal opinions. I watched the video and saw it was a great race. Most people are talking about that, except a handful of people grinding axes.

11/10/18, 11:30 AM   #3
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I personally like Robert, but think they did the appropriate thing that he forced them to do. Is that your name on Robert's car? If so, I can understand your anger. I have watched Tyler race for many years now. I can not recall any incident like this with him. He has always been positive. I don't know that you suspend someone for a one time thing that even the recipient has not complained about. I still don't know for sure who he hit. Although I have a pretty good idea. If he has done this before, or has been warned, than suspension should be in order. All of this negative takes away from the positives. Like Perris increasing the purse this year, and Justin Grants charge for the win. USAC has had a great last few years and people hate o see it. Keep tearing it down and racers can keep racing for lower purses. I will probably get deleted again as I am not following the IOW moderater personal opinions. I watched the video and saw it was a great race. Most people are talking about that, except a handful of people grinding axes.

I wondered where your post last night went........

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, scottyCbus
11/10/18, 12:13 PM   #4
SteelCore

Using a race car to retaliate should be a no warning given heres your punishment. I've complained about Truex doing it in NASCAR twice in the maybe 3 races I've watched this year.

When it comes to Ballou. I think USAC had to do something. Maybe a little harsh of a punishment but I wasn't in those meeting. So I don't know how it all transpired.

I like USAC, I like going to USAC shows I don't know that I'll ever quit going to USAC shows but they need to do something about using a car to retaliate.

11/10/18, 1:16 PM   #5
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCore View Post
Using a race car to retaliate should be a no warning given heres your punishment. I've complained about Truex doing it in NASCAR twice in the maybe 3 races I've watched this year.

When it comes to Ballou. I think USAC had to do something. Maybe a little harsh of a punishment but I wasn't in those meeting. So I don't know how it all transpired.

I like USAC, I like going to USAC shows I don't know that I'll ever quit going to USAC shows but they need to do something about using a car to retaliate.
Well said sir. I should have kept my original post this simple and to to the point. It boils down to what is really serious. Verbal banter or possible physical injury by using your race car to retaliate. That’s not axe grinding that’s asking where is the common sense?

3 members like this post: jim goerge, progressive22, tmac39
11/10/18, 2:49 PM   #6
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Well said sir. I should have kept my original post this simple and to to the point. It boils down to what is really serious. Verbal banter or possible physical injury by using your race car to retaliate. That’s not axe grinding that’s asking where is the common sense?
So far you are the only person who has seemed to have seen it. I have seen many quotes from Justin Grant and he was apologetic. Keep stirring the negative and I am sure it will make you feel better. Looks like the racing has been really good, but who would go to watch, or talk about that? Much more fun to complain. I know if I was a sponsor or some one new to the sport, your posts would make me want to stay away. Hope you enjoy tonight, but I am sure that is an insult to some one trying to be negative.

3 members like this post: Big Mike 7, fish, PJ Wright
11/10/18, 2:57 PM   #7
rclaridge

I really wish there was video of this,over the years I’ve seen a lot of post race contact between race cars but I have never seen this much talk about it.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, JordanBlanton
11/10/18, 3:08 PM   #8
bighd0522

Reminds me of big goverment!

2 members like this post: dirt330, PIT CART
11/10/18, 8:59 PM   #9
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
So far you are the only person who has seemed to have seen it. I have seen many quotes from Justin Grant and he was apologetic. Keep stirring the negative and I am sure it will make you feel better. Looks like the racing has been really good, but who would go to watch, or talk about that? Much more fun to complain. I know if I was a sponsor or some one new to the sport, your posts would make me want to stay away. Hope you enjoy tonight, but I am sure that is an insult to some one trying to be negative.
Ok son since you wish to entice me with your bleeding heart drivel, let me explain. After the checkers flew on Thursday nite the 7bc ran into and spun out the 4 in turn two. The announcer said even said we await the the winner on the front as he needs a push around after the second place car met up with him to show his appreciation. If you don’t understand that I can’t help you. The question was how is this activity less detrimental to the sport than twitter banter. Stop your bleeding heart whining and just answer the question . This is not about whether he had a reason to be upset. It’s about what is important to the sanctioning body. If you wish to get on your usac soapbox and cry woe is me then so be it. Enjoy your nite I’m going to the PAS.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Hubie, Hustlin-Hoosier, progressive22, ScottShot
11/10/18, 9:10 PM   #10
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
I’m going to the PAS.
And USAC thanks you for your continued financial support.🙄
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just read everyones posts about USAC